Intro and Trip Report-pic heavy

Tim Mills

Having somewhat figured out how to insert photo's I thought I would attempt to introduce myself. I came across this site by accident when searching google images for a portage cart/dolly. Its impressive how the members of this site are so supportive to one another.

Some others places I enjoy fishing and fly fishing include Mountsburg CA, upper and lower Credit, bronte ck, 1000 Islands around Gan, Crotch Lake, Massassauga PP, and the Niagara River Glen/Whirlpool.

Below are some pics (posted ass backwards) from a short solo canoe trip to the Port Loring area last August- Thanks to JohnnyB and Cliff L for they're previous posts on this area.

I didnt notice this dolly on the way in but it was a very welcome site on the portage out.

100_2802_zpsd439d64d.jpg

on the way out passing the fishing camp

100_2800_zpse8020f68.jpg

Freeloader100_2795_zps09a4b046.jpg

100_2797_zps63f3a6b5.jpg

Last fish of the trip-caught most SM trolling blue rapalas.

100_2792_zps18ce395c.jpg

view from camp

100_2769_zpse7f3a295.jpg

Best SM of the trip. The SM is this area hit and fought hard.

100_2779_zps9f5b38c5.jpg

This lakes had a good mix of LM and SM.

100_2751_zps425c1589.jpg

I stayed at one campsite-more fishing time less packing and unpacking.

100_2754_zps08f7ecc2.jpg

100_2748_zps53f74216.jpg100_2746_zps5758aef3.jpg

LOL - yeah, yeah, yeah.- 400 dollar floater suits, clam huts, a whole new set of gear, sleds yikes - I got skin, just not that kind. Rather save all those bucks up for a trip to Cuba and hunt some Bone fish or Marlin

Edited by spincast

Anyone that owns a GSP,,is more then welcome here. :D

How old is he/she? Very nice looking colors.

Welcome,and thanks for sharing.

Goldwater is almost 9. He s better in the canoe than the house. Likes to take food from the fridge and stash it around the place or bury it in the back yard. Sometimes he even closes the fridge door when he is done.

Welcome, great report. That is one of my favorite spots but I haven't been in a few years, glad to see it still looks nice and clean and the fishing is as I remember it.

We have found fishing the small channel that connects the two lakes in the evening to be dynamite. Can easily hook and catch 20 fish in an evening and usually some big ones as well.

Welcome aboard man!

We have the exact same canoe. But I see you have added a wooden yoke for portaging, and a few other extras.

How is it doing a single portage with that aftermarket yoke? I just put the stock aluminum cross support my shoulders and giver.. But it's not very comfortable at all.