I've been trying to use my Piranhamax 160 as an ice sonar this winter but whenever I have it out in the cold for extended periods of time it says that the transducer isn't connected. I can manage without a sonar for perch but tomorrow I'm going to simcoe for lakers and don't really want to go blind, anyone found a solution for this problem? Thanks!

I would say a bad connection as well, there are only like 3 pins on that connector.

I just started using a 160 on the ice as well, works great so far, I can see 4 or 5 maggots drop from the surface to the bottom, that really surprised me.

Burt :)

Do you have the iceducer for it?

Alright, tried bill's way and for some reason I don't even get that option :dunno: Also tried trax's suggestion and it didn't seem to help. Sinker, no I don't have the ice ducer, just the normal transducer. I tried it today and it started out fine (as always) but then after about an hour it started to glitch and when I tried to reboot it wouldn't accept the transducer. I'll try Mike's idea tomorrow. Thanks for the replies guys :) :)