Mike Borger hits the Big Leagues

Kingsalmon

Wow thanks guys. I have to admit you're embarassing me a little bit though. :)

I had a bittersweet visit with my uncle today and he had a chance to see it which was nice.

The timing of this thing being published couldn't have been better.

Thats a bitter sweet pill to swallow Mike,, been there,and it will bring peace knowing..

Thats a bitter sweet pill to swallow Mike,, been there,and it will bring peace knowing..

He's in palliative care at Sunnybrook, not in great shape.

Still...An attractive nurse came into the room and insisted it was time to get cleaned up in the bathroom.

And the old bugger smiled and winked at me when she turned her back. I have never known another human being who LOVED life like he did, and he could always make me laugh even now.

:)

Your stories should have been published more long before this!

At least on the flipside, we've been able to read them for years for the first time right here!

Look forward to more articles from you Mike - A belated welcome to the writers club!

Edited by Jet

Mike,

Congrats---very well written indeed! Now we can all say we knew you before you became famous! :)

The news about your uncle is quite sad, but you must know you did the right thing by taking him on that trip.

I’d say that kid is hooked as well as any fish can be! I’m envious of that-----I couldn’t get my boys very interested in fishing. Then again, I didn’t take then to Dusey!

As you know, Brad gave us a briefing on your trip before you had even flown back out. My fishing buddies were gung-ho at the time to go there this year but have now wimped out! (Maybe couldn’t get budget and/or vacation approval from their wives). I’m revved up again after reading your article. I think I’ll have to trade my fishing partners for a bunch of new ones for next year’s trip to Dusey.

I’ll look forward to you next fly-in report-----“The Return of the Chrominator”! :thumbsup_anim: