Watch out Pike! Here I come!

Man, it's been a long winter. I've been working like a dog all winter but now it's all about the pike for the next few months. Spent the afternoon getting all my gear set up and re-lining the reels. Took me about an hour and a half just to set up the lures but I'm all good to go now.

I'm gonna be starting out at OP and working my way down to the ferry docks. From there I'll be hopping over to wards and working my way across. If anyone's going out tomorrow look for me on a green bike.

FHR

I'll see you guys out there I'am going to hook up with TbayBoy around 10 o'clock and go across to center island and work our ways across to wards, hopefully we get some good reports regardless of the little cold front we are getting.

2 set of batteries for the camera all charged and ready and I even picked up some new shades to avoid last trips "pitch it in front of the school there", "where?", "there - theres a dozen bluegill right there in front on you", "really?", "well not now, dude by some glasses with a decent tint" :). Oh and yeah, pike gear packed and ready.

Plus raptors up at the half, could be a good start to the weekend, hope to see some other OFNers out there - come by and say hi.

"GTA pike master"

Its true!!! an urban legend is born!!

Personally I am the master of all things Carling.. hmmmmffff.

Spot on grilw - I got skunked carp fishing, then tried for pike and got skunked and then even had a Bowfin swim right past my bait without a sideways glance. :dunno: I hope some other guys at the islands had more luck than me? :unsure:

Edited by OO7

try slowing down your retreive that happened to me last week when i was in Burlington... downsize your lure a little Cleo red/gold worked well for me... don't ask me where we were my bro took me.. i don't know..but i could see the bridge it was south of me i was on the Burlington side 2 hrs fishing = 1 x31"

1x26" 1x23 1/2 "

it might work for you..

p/s add a white twister to your little cleo

We were using slow retrieves as well on ours today and it seemed to be working - couple twitches and pauses seemed to work. Might have to try that cleo and tail idea Muskieman, won a few cleos at the Fishing for Tyler event and they haven't been wet yet. Also only one treble to embed in my finger :oops:

FHR,

report yet?

Yeah, no kidding. Got me all psyched and then.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................nada?

Hey Guys, Sorry :/

I started the day late. My girl friend wasn't feeling so good the nite before so I let her get some sleep before we headed out around 12. Started out down at OP. It was her first time fishing so we went through the whole drill of Casting, opening the bail, keeping the finger on the line before opening the bail, and then casting with out hooking any one or any thing behind you...

Took her a bit to get it down but after about an hour she was casting like a pro.

Really windy down at OP and we only had 2 follows so we decided to move on. The next bay over we were riding along when I spotted a HUGE pike sunning it's self on a flat. I've seen some big pike before but this one was Very Large. 45"-47" range. I quickly hopped off the bike and set up a husky jerk to pass by her. Made 5 or 6 passes when she finally became intrested. She came right up to the lure, nosed it and then just kind of lolly gagged off into the deep. I quickly change lures to a Mepps #5 and cast it out in the direction she went. As I was bringing the lure back another pike, a little bit smaller, followed it right in but just sat there watching the lure. I tried to get this one to bite but she just wasn't having anything to do with my lure. I then switched back to the HJ and tried to get her to bite but she just sat there amused at my lures.

We decided to head down more and see if we could find a nice weed bed to locate more responsive pike. On the next stop we found some nice older weed growth that was holding some nice carp and a nice rainbow trout. Tried a few passes through there but yet again the pike that were in there just seemed to follow the lures in and then just sit there. Started to get a little frustrated so we decided to go look for some deep weed beds deeper inside the harbour. At this point it was almost 4:30 and we had tickets to the Rocky Horror Picture show so our time out was almost at an end. Finnaly found some nice weeds but by this time my girl fiend's arm was starting to hurt so I knew my day was almost done. :( Casted out a bunch of times when I heard my girl friend scream out for me to come over. I ran over and she had a nice pike following her lure in. This one too wasn't really feeding, just curious. After that we decided to just call it a day and go get home ready for the show.

We both have Tuesday off so we're going to give it another go then. I'm gonna keep at it before work a couple times this week.

Oh well, :)

FHR

Still an encouraging report; thanks. I fish the Toronto waterfront all the time and seem to be the only guy who gets consistently skunked, again and again and again. I fish a little further East than most of you guys, more Leslie and Ashbridges area and only very rarely get so much as even a follow. I'm thinking it might be wise of me to try a little further West. Thanks again for the report.

Thanks for the report FHR and the hope it gives that they're out there after being skunked at the weekend without so much as a follow or even seeing one!

Can't wait for your first successful report with pics.