Anybody out on Simcoe yet?

iFish4real

Don't forget, ice varies. It was New Years day 2008 or 2009 that Terry, Paul and I went out on Cook's Bay and I caught that huge carp. The ice was 4 to 5 inches in most spots, but one spot we were on it was only 2"

Use your heads and be safe!

Don't forget, ice varies. It was New Years day 2008 or 2009 that Terry, Paul and I went out on Cook's Bay and I caught that huge carp. The ice was 4 to 5 inches in most spots, but one spot we were on it was only 2"

Use your heads and be safe!

hope we can do it again

not the thin ice ,but the ice fishing

Edited by Terry

All I know is this. If you all are going deep,you better have room on a sled. I aint walking 5 mile. :D

EDIT,,,,

I got to get Betty out as well this year.

Laker fishing in a boat,is soooo much nicer. :tease:

Edited by Misfish

Im planning on going to Virginia Beach tomorrow. I've seen video reports of 5 inches although it varies in spots. I will be following the crowds and spudding my way out just to be safe. I will report my findings and Jumbos (hopefully) tomorrow.

All I know is this. If you all are going deep,you better have room on a sled. I aint walking 5 mile. :D

EDIT,,,,

we will draw you a map and drop you off supplies

lol

I am sure we can squeeze you in

it is a spot in the middle of simcoe that had great whitefish fishing one year and Sly, (RIP) was the great guy that found the spot and lead people to it

haha...good one :D I would have named it Slyhole though :P

Edited by iFish4real

I always thought slyville was just what ever location Sly had his hut in that year :whistling:

Drove past a few time and seen his quad outside. Should have stopped in. Always kick myself for not stopping.

It changed every year, lol.

hope we can do it again

not the thin ice ,but the ice fishing

Oh we'll definately be doing it again Terry, as soon as the ice is good out there. Paul had the auger going last weekend and was doing a "trial run" of what fits where in the snowmobile trailer with our huts etc. :)

PM's will be flying soon :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT,,,,

Ya, what Terry said, we'll find a spot for yous no prob :thumbsup_anim:

it is a spot in the middle of simcoe that had great whitefish fishing one year and Sly, (RIP) was the great guy that found the spot and lead people to it

I remember the day Sly found that spot. He came and grabbed Iceguy and myself from Iceguys hut. Said "lets go, we found the fish. Tommys out there now."

It was one of the best days ive ever had out there. The next weekend he pulled all his huts out there, and for the rest of the season, it was a zoo.

I still go out there from time to time, but the fishing has never been as good as that day. Heres the video from the day he found that spot. Lots of good days remembered with Sly. Miss ya Buddie!!

Looking to get out on the ice this weekend , my dad is here from Vancouver and has till Monday afternoon .

Do you think Virginia beach would be a good bet ? Heading out Friday afternoon to fish Saturday and Sunday and we would be driving 4 hours . I don't want to make the trip if the ice isn't safe . Weather reports look good for the next few days ... Thanks for any advice