Have you had enough of ethanol?

whiskywizard

The carbon foot print to make the stuff is far worse than just burning 100% gasoline. The entire deal was nothing but a smoke and mirror show that simply raised the price of corn and made a few folks richer... and many others poorer. Collingwoods plant is in receivership.

Edited by irishfield

The carbon foot print to make the stuff is far worse than just burning 100% gasoline. The entire deal was nothing but a smoke and mirror show that simply raised the price of corn and made a few folks richer... and many others poorer. Collingwoods plant is in receivership.

You got that right, Wayne.

Another example of wealth distribution. Hatch an idea, have enough Zombies drink the Kool-Aid, have others take the financial risk and hit the sell button to make the bottom fall out. The ruling class has us pegged for what the majority of society has become. Baaahhhhh, Baaahhhh!! I just love watching the fruits that come to bare from Social Engineering.

Read an interesting article about waterfowl populations being affected by increases in corn production which in turn reduced other food crops and reduced CRP land across the prairies as the drive to produce more corn arose. Always domino-like effects...

One of the negative effects of producing that stuff has been to take valuable food production land out of the loop thereby making food scarcer throughout the world and therefore more expensive. This is areal problem for people in the third world were food scarcity is already a problem. IMHO, 10% ethanol should be the max but maybe I shouldn't worry, because I try to avoid using the stuff as much as I can.