A great weekend with some fellow OFCers

fishnsled

Wayne, Terry, Paul and I went down to Quinte to help Lloyd close off his season. Lloyd was on fish and was doing well but the weather was not looking great. High winds and cold fronts moving in but we were not concern, good times would be had as always with U&Me Charters.. The fishing was great but the catching was slow and even the great guides have their days, but we manged to get a couple in the boat.

The first couple of days we did a lot of trolling and laughing. Other than a couple of hits that were on and off before you could get up to touch the rod it was slow to say the least.

A nice sunrise.

P1010081.jpg

Marks tons of fish all day long.

P1010088.jpg

It was cool to see this tug at work.

P1010075.jpg

Lloyd made us a mascot and good luck charm which did the trick.

P1010090.jpg

P1010094.jpg

And a couple fish came in the boat.

P1010102.jpg

And Wayne was happy to say.

P1010099.jpg

Shortly afterwards Paul was happy to bring this beauty in.

P1010110.jpg

and happy to say...

P1010113.jpg

You're a good sport Lloyd!!

The snow started to let up, can barely make out the cement plant in this shot.

P1010114.jpg

The sun came out.

P1010104.jpg

and our good luck charm melted away and went swimming with the fishes. Things slowed down and the time had come to pull the lines and end another season for U&Me Charters. Even though the fishing was slow great times were had and Lloyd's cover kept us warm. Amazing how it was hovering around the freezing point outside but inside it was as high as 16. I need one of these for my boat.

P1010115.jpg

Thanks for the laughs gentlemen, it was a great weekend!! Enjoy the well deserved rest Lloyd and hopefully I'll see you all on the ice soon. :canadian:

Edited by fishnsled

As always great company and lots of laughs and laughs

the only pictures I took was with Waynes camera

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r9Srsfylkw4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SsLU7cysP3Q?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Terry

ME : Hey Lloyd... you should get out of that barge haulers way..

LLOYD: "he can go around".

ME: Lloyd... you're starting to sound like M T. Hey Lloyd.. why don't you get out of that guys way..

LLOYD: he can go around.

ME: Not without snapping his outboard cable.. why don't you give him room..

LLOYD: "Nah".... gets on the radio "Tug boat.. tug boat.. tug boat, UandMe.. UandMe.. UandMe"

TUG BOAT: "Go Ahead".

LLOYD: "Tug Boat... what are your intentions?"

TUG BOAT: "I INTEND TO GO STRAIGHT IF THAT'S OKAY WITH YOU"!!!

LLOYD: "Affirmative" in a squeaky little voice !!

LMAO ! :jerry:

(wind was gusting 72k out of the SW)

P1010075.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Hey guys !! Great report. We saw you on the water, but wasnt sure it was you guys.We were on the other side of that barge in a 16ft Lund, holding on for dear life LOL. Woulda been nice to have mt you all.Another time for sure.We launched out of Picton Harbour, not far from Lloyds dock.

Just want to point out that this is a group of friends out having fun... this was not a charter before someone throws the spam card in... we do this every fall before hauling Lloyd's boat home. Paying customers don't tow a charter captains boat.. that's my truck! :)

We set the rods.. pick our baits and do our own stuff, including letting Lloyd nap while we drive his boat. Mind you this time we had no issue sending him out to change baits when it was -5C, winds at 45k Gusting 72!! LOL

Edited by irishfield

As always great company and lots of laughs and laughs

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SsLU7cysP3Q?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You'd think we had not seen a fish in days! Bloody paparazzi!!:D

Looks friggin cold Will :o:blink: and you wonder why I go hunting this time of year :whistling::P:D but you guys got into some as bonus and it's what it's all about :thumbsup_anim:B) That Lloyd guy sure sounds like an awesome :Gonefishing: guide B)

Thanks for sharing

TJunkie

It was a tad chilly but very comfortable when "inside". ;) Lloyd is an awesome guy and guide, he sure knows his stuff.

Hey guys !! Great report. We saw you on the water, but wasnt sure it was you guys.We were on the other side of that barge in a 16ft Lund, holding on for dear life LOL. Woulda been nice to have mt you all.Another time for sure.We launched out of Picton Harbour, not far from Lloyds dock.

Another time Paul. Were you down for the day or weekend? Any Luck?

Just want to point out that this is a group of friends out having fun... this was not a charter before someone throws the spam card in... we do this every fall before hauling Lloyd's boat home. Paying customers don't tow a charter captains boat.. that's my truck! :)

We set the rods.. pick our baits and do our own stuff, including letting Lloyd nap while we drive his boat. Mind you this time we had no issue sending him out to change baits when it was -5C, winds at 45k Gusting 72!! LOL

I was good with Lloyd changing the baits in those conditions. :lol: It's amazing how fast winterizing a boat can go when you have a crew of 5 working on it. :D

Very nice! I was waiting for this report, looks like you guys had an awesome time!

.... and you didnt break Will either!

G

Will is just fine and still recovering from our weekend G. ;)

I bet you fellows had a lot of fun despite the weather.

Glad you caught a few!

Good times were had Bernie, not difficult with this group of guys.

Was nice hooking up with you guys. Yes even you Wayne lol. Fishing was slow , winds were wild but the friendships we keep are always the best part of our 3 days closing trips. The snow was a bonus. Never made a snow man in my boat before and hope never to get the chance again. Once again thanks to OFC for being around. With out this site I would have never met these great friends. Well it's off to Elsalvador Thursday for a well needed rest. Then it's time to start looking for ice to start our hard water season.

Edited by fishhunter