More Bacon

Pikeslayer8

I eat all of this stuff. In fact, I've eaten more of it in the last year and a half than I have the rest of my life, and I've lost between 100 and 120lbs in that time and feel so much better than I ever did. Can't be all THAT bad for you. :P

All that fish you ate helped as well, I'm sure!!worthy.gifgood.gif

Splake, quinoa and peas for dinner tonight...maybe I should consider wrapping that splake in bacon as well!!

Potatoes aren't terrible. They'll make you fat if you eat too many, but besides the undesirable carb content, there's nothing inherently "bad" about them.r

As for grains - they all contain gluten, lectin and phytates. These are the compounds you don't want in your digestive tract.

Today's trivia - corn is a grain, not a vegetable.

Alright, we'll call it a draw LOL! (Also, just because you aren't fat doesn't mean your arteries aren't clogged)

I know it's an unpopular stance, and I honestly don't expect or hope to change anyone's mind. This "low saturated fat, 6 servings of grains a day" mantra is so deeply ingrained on our culture.

But when the real research is given the light of day and more widely accepted...well...you heard it here first :P

The nutrition "science" is hilarious. Eggs are bad! Eggs are good! Egg yolks are bad! Milk is bad! Milk is good! Cholesterol is bad! Saturated fat is bad, buy our white synthetic butter-type spread!

Currently, the so-called mainstream is all, "low-fat is the way to go, and here is the science to back it up!" The paleo guys laugh at the absurdity, but then turn around and do the exact same thing, only with a different macronutrient: "Low-carb is the way to go, and here is the science to back it up!" I expect a low-protein craze to pop up any day now, "low-protein is the way to go, and here is the science to back it up!"

Every day there's a new bad guy we all need to avoid. :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't do the low-fat or "diet" products. I also don't worry about dietary cholesterol or saturated fat. I do try to avoid HFCS, MSG, artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated oils, refined sugars, and unnatural trans fats. I regularly eat bacon, actual butter, coconut oil, two dozen eggs per week, bacon, nuts, local chicken and beef and bacon, lots of fish (especially trout), and bacon. I think you'll find most of this to be agreeable, yet pretty much against the traditional mainstream. But I also eat salads, fresh fruits and vegetables, potatoes, and whole grains as featured in english muffins, pastas, rice, and breads.

Paleo works for you, and that's great. Balance and moderation works for me. Or at least it appears to be... Maybe I'm secretly still morbidly obese and all the fat is just hiding on my back so I can't see it!

If all the carbs I have been eating ever suddenly kick in and I gain back the 100+ pounds I've lost, I'll look at cutting out all fun and happiness carbs from my diet. ;)

Edited by Dana