Looking for a batter or breading mixture for my fly-in

ssauvain

All I ever use is Italian bread crumbs. I dip the filets in milk (or water) and then into the bread crumbs. It makes a nice dry batter that fries up nice and golden. When the fillets come out of the grease I spice them up accordingly. I love the Lemon and Herb Clubhouse spice as well as the Cajun.

Have a great trip.

HARV

I also like the Italian seasoned bread crumbs as well.

What's also really good is a 50/50 mix of Italian bread crumbs and grated Romano cheese (the kind in a can you sprinkle on pasta).

Dip the fish in milk like Harv mentioned, coat them in the mixture, then saute in 2/3 extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 salted butter.

Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon on before you eat, and let me tell ya, it's amazing! :D

if you want simplicity, get the Rocky Madsen batter mix that features labatts blue. the directions tell you to add the contents of the package to a bottle of Blue minus 2 sips (you gotta love it when you get to test one of the ingredients ). This makes as good of a beer batter as any I've tried and it beats the daylights out of adding beer to pancake batter mix.

Try Aunt Jemima original just add water pancake mix, but insted of water I put ahalf a can of beer in a bowl and add the mix untill the batter is fairly runny. Ontop of the batter I shake seasoning salt mix well.the fillets are first tossed in flour and next into the batter, then into the oil.Delicious beer batterd fish. Most importent, make sure the other half of beer is put to good use.Enjoy.