Sold my house! NF

As some of you may remember, I bought a house in late March, the house we had been looking for for quite some time! Well, with the closing date on the new house being 3 months away, I took the time to really work on my house and in conjunction with my real estate agent, we got my current house lookin sharp! My agent had us remove much of our furniture and for lack of a better term, clutter! She then brought in her own furniture and accessories and the house looked fantastic!

We had well over 150 people through the house during the open houses on Saturday and Sunday and last night we were accepting offers. We had nine offers to choose from and ended up selling it for $50k over asking! Needless to say, my wife , my self and our family and friends are very happy and very much lookin forward to moving into our new home at the end of June!

Thanks to all for the kind words during this time! OFC pool party in August!

HH

Congrats on selling your house. What your agent did was staging and it truly does pay off in the long run as you saw with the multiple offers you have received.

It also makes moving on to the next step of packing a little easier...

Enjoy

Jen

You got that right Jen! I'm sure that my agents efforts went beyond the call of duty and it paid off for us BIG TIME! For those considering selling their home, I'd recommend you find an agent that stages their listings, it make a huge difference in the number of offers as well as the ultimate selling price!

HH

so what did the agent concentrate on to help get top dollar? im almost done the renovations on my house and ill be moving in soon. now would be a great time to make any additions or changes rather than 4-5 years when i sell the place after its paid off.

i was thinking of calling an agent to get them to come check it out and give me tips but i know they are already busy enough.

congrats on getting so much more than asking. :thumbsup_anim: that 50k will save you a ton in interest and really cut down the amortization period. due to my strategy, the bank is making less than 4k interest off me :thumbsup_anim:

ch312... she firstly helped us to de-clutter! That was a job in and of itself! She then suggested a new kitchen floor, which I did, painting the unfinished basement section, which I did after sealing the wall with Top n Bond, priming and then two coats of paint. She also asked me to "clean up" the kitchen, which was tongue and groove. I sealed every crack in the walls, cabinets etc... (three and half tubes of caulking in the kitchen alone!) painted the kitchen top to bottom.

Once we were painted and de-cluttered, she had her assistant paint my veranda, at her cost, she replaced two light fixtures in the house, at her cost as well! They then brought in her "staging" furniture, rugs, throw's etc... and dressed my house! That included, high back hairs, she bought a couch, floor lamps, bedroom lamps and on and on!

My house looked like it belonged in a magazine! Well, it worked! My immediate neighbour with essentially the same house as mine sold it last October for $90k less than what I got! Their agent didn't do anything but list it!

Another thing to consider; ensure your agent does not accept offers on your property until a specified date. This marketing strategy will create competition for your property and in turn, raise the amounts of the offers.

HH

thanks for the tips about the agent. i wont be selling for about 4 years but i want to research it as much as possible because when this house is paid off, im building a house using the money i make off the first one. ive been told by experienced people that i should make about $40k just because ive gutted everything down to the bricks and redone everything.

where abouts do you live? it would be nice to use the same agent when i get to selling this place. she likely charges more but it sounds like its worth it eh.