Lets Stall out Winter Net a bit Longer

Skipper D

For it only being my second year at the sport i'd have to say it was an excellant season for me . All tho i did'nt get out as offten as i would have liked to . I kind of knew early this year that it was going to be that way for me with every thing eles i had on the go for the summer so i made each time out count for the times i did get out fishing . A big thanks in part to the members of this board who shared in many of my new fishing experiences for this season , they all know who they are so i don't have to mention their names , and to all the others who offered and we did'nt get the chance , i hope we do next season . So ya ..... my season was excellant and is over now as i do not ice fish . How was yours ????????????.

Edited by Skipper " D "

Skipper..........we had a GREAT 3 Hour Tour....... clapping.gif

BB we sure did , and to the other members here who have never met Billy Bob in person i've got say : as good as he plays the redneck thing on here theres realy nothing redneck about him .... lol .

This season has been very slow. I haven't made it out nearly as much as I would like. But the reasons for my lack of fishing are all good...

I have some buddies from high school coming up this weekend. Get out on G-Bay one last time on the soft stuff.

I am looking forward to this coming hard water. :whistling:

For me personally, winternet does not exist as fishing never ends!

So far I've had an absolutely fabulous year. Many fish, lotsa good times and most important, good health.

.....and I gotta ask why skipper D has'nt taken a shining to ice fishing?

For me personally, winternet does not exist as fishing never ends!

So far I've had an absolutely fabulous year. Many fish, lotsa good times and most important, good health.

.....and I gotta ask why skipper D has'nt taken a shining to ice fishing?

LOL..... It's a family thing realy but i could never stop thinking about that hundred feet of water under the ice no matter how thick it is , today my best reason for what keeps me off are the blood thinners .

Edited by Skipper " D "

BB we sure did , and to the other members here who have never met Billy Bob in person i've got say : as good as he plays the redneck thing on here theres realy nothing redneck about him .... lol .

:good:

Bob is a true gentleman, all the way.

My season has been really good.Still have a few more days on the water before i send my boat into hibernation. You and i are definately going fishing next season Bud!!!

It was a "good" year. No PBs' for me, but I got out quite a bit and enjoyed the hot summer we had, and had lots of great times. One of the highlights was catching an eleven pound catfish (square tail, not a channel) off the dock, which hilariously darn near crushed my thumb when I tried to lip it.

Aside from the fishing, which was at time challenging, with the really warm weather, and probably not helped by the low water levels, it was all about been outside, and on the water:

A rare windless morning early in in May:

...and just before heading in, on my last day of the season:

Picture3352rss.jpg

I spent more time learning about the area I fish, and would like to think I refined my technique :whistling: Time will tell, lol.

I hope everyone else had a good season, and if you're the type that enjoys hardwater, that it's a good one for you! :thumbsup_anim:

I've also had a great year!!!

It started in January with lots of giant ice pike then I went to Florida to battle some saltwater giants.

Then back home to finish out the ice season followed by some open water fishing in the NWT.

Next was 6 weeks in Alaska chasing trout, salmon and dolly varden followed by one last open water trip in mid October for lakers and I should be hitting the ice for the first time since May for some laker action this weekend. :D

Was a good year for me. I was able to get out at least once a week, every week from bass opener to the end of August except twice which was nice, lots of good size bass, got out on tons of lakes I had never fished before (thanks to my kayak) and got my big fish of the year, a nice 7 pound Sheephead. I too wish the fall had been a little more productive as it felt like someone threw a light switch on the fish come september but it was a great year all in all.

this year was good for me, although I didn't get up north this summer like I usually do, since I got married and honeymooned in the bahamas :).

I did, however, catch my first ever bonefish right off the beach at Sandals in Nassau Bahamas, which was a real highlight for me. they truly do fight harder than just about anything in the ocean for their size.

I also landed my largest salmon ever, a 24 pound superfat female this fall out of lake ontario:

so it was a great year for me

IMG_0316croppedcompressed.jpg

Sept23dSalmon2croppedcompressed.JPG

This is my first year so I guess it was good. Spend a lot of time fishing, learned a lot (started with nothing) and lots more to learn. So far I have caught crappie, largemouth, smallmouth, white bass, carp, bullhead, channel cat, pike and salmon.

Edited by Gray_Wolf

A real nice bunch of recaps indeed . Well am thinking were going to have an open fall right up til Christmas this year "hope am right" ..... and with my boat still not winterized i am watching for those perfect days that might alou me to get back out .

A real nice bunch of recaps indeed . Well am thinking were going to have an open fall right up til Christmas this year "hope am right" ..... and with my boat still not winterized i am watching for those perfect days that might alou me to get back out .

After the ceremonies tomorrow?,16 degrees!