You forced my hand and now your gone!

RangerGuy

Well,

Looks like I'm shopping for a new tow vehicle. For the third and last time my old girl left me on the side of the road since July. This time she quite in front of a

wreckers and that's where she stayed! Here's my summer / fall with her.

All work done in my driveway or on the side of the road.

1) Blew front brake lines in an emergency stop situation late June with our new lund in tow, SCARY!!

- So I replaced all brake lines and parts Master Cylinder included front to back

- Front shocks

- Front Right drive shaft

- 4 brand new Goodyear Wranglers (265/75 R16) were put on in August (now for sale)

2) Battery and alt went on the way home august long weekend. Replaced both

3) I have no idea what was wrong this time, it just shut off.. no sputtering or coughing..just shut off and would only turn over. I got no error codes when

I did a diagnostic on the side of the road Saturday.

- I figure it's a coil or a fuel pump or something

I think it was her way of telling me she was tired and just wanted to rest now... I'll miss you old girl..you were a beast!!!

-6 years with 5 years trouble free service, guess I can't complain just bad timing.

1990 Chevy single cab 4X4 5.7 Litre 5-speed

Rest in peace!

There is a new F-150 in my future ;)

I'm just deciding if I want to buy the truck with the options I REALLY WANT.. or do I buy the truck I need LOL!

All I need really is Crew Cab & 4X4

but would like a Loaded FX4 hehe!

So would I ,but not in my near future. Good choice thou!!!:good:

I decided on the eco boost 150 4x4 crew with the 6.5ft bed and 3.72 gear e locker and tow package. I wanted a tow vehicle that would hold all of my gear and haul a Ranger boat 12 hours at 75 mph with no issues. Since it is not a daily driver the last truck I had was traded in with 36,000 miles and 7 years old. I recovered over 65% of my purchase price. I have other vehicles to drive if I am not towing or need the room of the pick up. Try to get the truck that will make you happy the first time and if the budget gets a little stretched you can give up a bad habit or two or even pack lunches to make up the difference.

Art

The truck will be a daily driver, but I'm hoping to take the train to work so I only will be driving 5-10 mins to the station so no point in owning 2 vehicles (small car & truck) for myself now.

Yeh.. I'm gonna end my duck season early. I was so excited to get out way into December this year with a boat that can handle. Looks like her last trip this year will be a trip to Quinte then in for her 20 hour service and to bed until the spring...

Crappy part is we just purchaced a 2012 Lund Alaskan this year .. The new truck was supposed to come in 2 - 3 years guess it will be here early. The wifes Grand Vitara can tow it and is rated for the weight but I don't want to tow with it every weekdend, we both own suzuki's and I've seen the quality and don't believe it will stand up.

Nope she was full I just filled it up that morning :(

Edited by RangerGuy

Yeh.. I'm gonna end my duck season early. I was so excited to get out way into December this year with a boat that can handle. Looks like her last trip this year will be a trip to Quinte then in for her 20 hour service and to bed until the spring...

That sucks dude! I just blew my lower unit on my outboard, so we're both screwed!! Lucky for the ducks!!

Bummer!!

S.

One has boat, one has tow vehicle, sounds like a great partnership to me!

Is three company? :)