Global Won't Cover Hunting

Oggie

I don't get it! Global finds hunting offensive so they won't be airing the Hunting Shows after Jan 1st as everyone knows. I find their coverage of gruesome trials and Zombie Walks offensive. They're hippocrites as far as I'm concerned!

If Southern Ontario residents wanted the Zombie Walks droppped from coverage they would be. How can people down here glorify that violence?

Dan O.

Edited by Oggie

i get the u.s programs. tree huggers control our airwaves. cartoons are too violent for canadian tv

I wince when people use the term 'tree huggers' for situations like these. The people lobbying for Bull like this surely aren't the ones fighting for real environmental protection. P3TA members aren't environmentalists, they're city-slicker slacktivists desperate for attention.

I wince when people use the term 'tree huggers' for situations like these. The people lobbying for Bull like this surely aren't the ones fighting for real environmental protection. P3TA members aren't environmentalists, they're city-slicker slacktivists desperate for attention.

I agree 100%

Well put.

I spent many saturday mornings watching fishing and hunting shows on Global....for $2.25/mth (first 6 months free) I will now be watching WFN.

TV is dying anyways. Global only has a News show becasue it is cheap Canadian content. In 10 yrs or so it will all be on demand and via internet.

A web based showed may not seem like the best way to go right now, but it is the way of the future IMO. When I started the business plan for FishFinder TV in '06 (some may recall talk of it here), it started and has remained all web based.

Edited by Harrison

I have yet to see or hear from an Environmentalist ( Insert Favorite Militant Enviro-Con Artist) who doesn't resort to shouting, foot stomping and name calling when anyone disagrees with their point of view of which evidence always seems skewed in favor of their argument. Tree hugger is somewhat of a compliment. No?

Media Content has become nothing more than a 24/7 depiction of Train Wrecks and Blood trails. It shows the depths we as a society are sinking to when we keep it locked on the channel the signal emanates from.

The Hunter-gatherer-fishers aspect of who we truly are was modified long ago by domestication but it will always be at our core..

Edited by moxie

TV is dying anyways. Global only has a News show becasue it is cheap Canadian content. In 10 yrs or so it will all be on demand and via internet.

A web based showed may not seem like the best way to go right now, but it is the way of the future IMO. When I started the business plan for FishFinder TV in '06 (some may recall talk of it here), it started and has remained all web based.

Until 'real' high-speed with 'comparable to urban area' bandwidth limits comes to rural areas, TV is not going anywhere.

Those of you with Cable/DSL available in your area are spoiled!! ;) There is a big divide between urban/rural when it comes to internet service. Will it happen in 10 years? Who knows. But right now, web-based video content is only accessible with someone else's internet.

Edited by Raf

For the same reason : ratings

Nothing to do with the ethics.

It's not that hard to get.

Follow the money.

If you ever want to know why anything in this world happens....follow the money.

Uh huh. Hunting shows do not draw large enough audiences to interest major advertisers. TV time costs a lot of money, and Global does not exist to operate at a loss. From a business perspective, I wouldn't air the programs either.