Marcum LX7

Rob

I love the Marcum's. Being able to zoom in on anywhere in the water column is a huge plus, and the resolution is great. I went with the Vex Fl-18 last season, mainly because of the tri-beam transducer since I fish so many depths. I love it, but I'm also a huge fan of the LX-7

I have a Marcum Lx7 and a Lowrance Elite 5 Portable. In my opinion, they are both nice, but after using both of them, I much prefer the Marcum Lx7. It is much easier to use, has a clearer, more vivid, brighter screen, seems to pick up the fish better (think it is more powerful than the Lowrance), especially when picking fish up on the bottom, like perch, panfish. I use the Marcum in chart mode, with a vertical zoom flasher on the right hand side. The customer service is top notch at Marcum, people actually answer that use the unit and our very knowledgable about it.

FYI - purchased both to test them out and will be selling the Lowrance.

I have a Marcum Lx7 and a Lowrance Elite 5 Portable. In my opinion, they are both nice, but after using both of them, I much prefer the Marcum Lx7. It is much easier to use, has a clearer, more vivid, brighter screen, seems to pick up the fish better (think it is more powerful than the Lowrance), especially when picking fish up on the bottom, like perch, panfish. I use the Marcum in chart mode, with a vertical zoom flasher on the right hand side. The customer service is top notch at Marcum, people actually answer that use the unit and our very knowledgable about it.

FYI - purchased both to test them out and will be selling the Lowrance.

That's because you live south of the border, try living up here and getting any service or satisfaction from them. Then wait til they rape you with the shipping charges. Sorry but I'll never buy another Marcus product again.

That's because you live south of the border, try living up here and getting any service or satisfaction from them. Then wait til they rape you with the shipping charges. Sorry but I'll never buy another Marcus product again.

I've had to deal with them a couple of times over issues with my LX-5 and have nothing but good things to say. I had to pay to get the unit to them but the fix and return shipping were covered.

I've had to deal with them a couple of times over issues with my LX-5 and have nothing but good things to say. I had to pay to get the unit to them but the fix and return shipping were covered.

I had to pay to send mine there, no problem, plus the cost of the upgrade plus their return shipping charge which was to cover it back to my door plus the rediculous UPS shipping charge they claimed they didn't know about...but they used UPS shipping, ya right.

I love the Marcum's. Being able to zoom in on anywhere in the water column is a huge plus, and the resolution is great. I went with the Vex Fl-18 last season, mainly because of the tri-beam transducer since I fish so many depths. I love it, but I'm also a huge fan of the LX-7

You can also zoom anywhere in the water column with the x67 as well. You just need to set the upper and lower limits. It might take a little longer then the marcum but it's still do-able. :)

I was also wondering about the Marcum lx-7.....so I'll be watching this thread for sure.

unit is OK.. but I don't like using it when wearing polarized sunglasses

Yup to everything ah long said. Probably wont have the longevity as the lx-5 unit either IMO with the screen vs traditional bulbs.

I'm not hating on the unit, its great. I just feel the lx-5 (and most high end traditional units) are lag free readings even in super cold (if used properly and everything is functioning well) provide incredible target seperation with great battery life, and awesome features including zoom throughtout the whole water column.

I love Marcum LX-5 unit, (currently want to trade for an fl-22 ONLY for ultra shallow water purposes). This unit is built to last a VERY VERY long time without fail. That saying, nothing is without problems. Some people get lemons.

Edited by buick14