Need EZ Dock advice

whiskywizard

Does anyone have experience with EZ Dock? I've got about 50' of it in front of my house, for a aluminium fishing boat. I have it arranged in an "L" shape with a gusset in the inside corner of the
L

I'd like to hear how you remove the gusset without dropping the hardware.

It's too far to reach under to grab it, and too expensive to lose. And I'm too wimpy to be getting in the lake in November!

The gusset is Part F here
My link

I have no idea but you asked that same question on the BOC board 7 years ago...has no one helped you yet?

My best advice would be to go to an EZ Dock dealer and ask them about any tips for dismantling. Good luck.

I have no idea but you asked that same question on the BOC board 7 years ago...has no one helped you yet?

My best advice would be to go to an EZ Dock dealer and ask them about any tips for dismantling. Good luck.

I've asked my dealer. Just because the dealer doesn't have a technique doesn't mean one doesn't exist. There are some clever people here.

BTW Roy, I asked this of my BOC buddies 2 days ago. Be careful what you say and do; you might be stuck in the future and not know it. Time loops are tricky things. wink.gif

BTW Roy, I asked this of my BOC buddies 2 days ago. Be careful what you say and do; you might be stuck in the future and not know it. Timeloops are tricky things. wink.gif

Sorry Bud. When I read your thread this morning I had a couple of minutes and thought I'd try to help. So I Googled "EZ Dock gusset removal" and this is what came up.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?74949-Need-EZ-Dock-advice

As you can see, I read your join date as your post date. Please accept my apologies.

Now back to my time loop. :)

Can someone stand beside you and hold a wide "coal" shovel under to catch everything?

Along the lines that Wayne mentioned.

Get one of those blue plastic tarps, large enough to cover whatever section of dock you’re working on. Fish it under the dock and tie the edges to the dock or tie floats to the tarp eyelets. Dismantle and remove sections of the dock and then use your landing net to scoop out the gussets and hardware laying in the tarp????

Dan.

Edited by DanD

Along the lines that Wayne mentioned.

Get one of those blue plastic tarps, large enough to cover whatever section of dock you’re working on. Fish it under the dock and tie the edges to the dock or tie floats to the tarp eyelets. Dismantle and remove sections of the dock and then use your landing net to scoop out the gussets and hardware laying in the tarp????

Dan.

most useful answer so far, or like Roy said, call them up and pick thier brains.clapping.gif

fish a piece of heavy line/wire through the hole and attach it to the connector rod thing and pull the rod up through each hole. maybe thread a small eye bolt into the end of the rod to attach the wire? rotate rod until "puzzle piece" fits in and then pull up to lock it in place so you can put on the top/nut.

i've never seen one of these thing's before, but i'm sure there's a way. :thumbsup_anim: