2012 river salmon run

misfish

How were the runs GB tribs?Does the Thornbury ladder keep track of the fish heading up river?

One thing still has me puzzled . Male jacks,not more then 2 pounds,seem to travel with the pack. Seen a few on the side of the banks this week,also seen alot shooting up. Anyone know why this is?

Looking forward to some chrome hunting now. Bring on the cold and rain.

Edited by Misfish

Caught two this Sept,pretty normal,except,only two times with my spinning gear for a total of 5 hours,not bad.

Seen many spawning like never before. As said in a earlier thread the salmon are the best in lake O this year ,and has not been seen like this in a long while!! Something is working!!!!!!!!!:good:

Your talking apples and oranges Davey. HELL, MELLONS AND GRAPES HERE.

Most spawn in the rivers at some point,just saying this year is good in gbay and everwhere!!!!:thumbsup_anim:

Heck,I'll take a mellon sized grape anytime!!!!!:P

Edited by davey buoy

maybe you experts can answer a question for me:

I have heard that after the salmon run is done up the river the rainbows and browns 'follow' them up.

is this true?

haven't seen any salmon around the piers in about a week, but I was hoping some trout might start to show up?

It's no rumor :whistling:

How were the runs GB tribs?Does the Thornbury ladder keep track of the fish heading up river?

One thing still has me puzzled . Male jacks,not more then 2 pounds,seem to travel with the pack. Seen a few on the side of the banks this week,also seen alot shooting up. Anyone know why this is?

Completely normal - although there always seems to be more jacks up in your neck of the woods.

I think they're a blast. Gobble roe bags and put on a much better fight than the 20 pounders in smaller water.

In my neck of the woods I'd seen seen a lot of jacks on the banks and on the water trying to grease the big males...they out run the big guys no problem :lol:

I'd have to agree with Kemper, they are indeed a blast to catch

Edited by spinnerdoc

maybe you experts can answer a question for me:

I have heard that after the salmon run is done up the river the rainbows and browns 'follow' them up.

is this true?

haven't seen any salmon around the piers in about a week, but I was hoping some trout might start to show up?

Do t want to be rude, but a lot of people I saw this weekend and people who came up to me to talked pissed me off, do your own homework like I did... Or maybe I'll post it to the world, the salmon come and the snaggers come with them, then the browns, and fewer snaggers then the steelhead with very few snaggers shut up and get out and tell us what you found out river flow rate temp, etc amount of fish on certain conditions etc.... Don't ask that type of q again, and I had a talk with a few fish this summer, brown and steelhead aren't coming up the river cuz you and your friends will be there...

Saw a few dead big hens this weekend floating down the river, lol. Thankfully it looks like all natural causes (ie no slit bellies)

Was this a remark to my post.? Sorry if I may seem upset about the slaying of salmon/ any living thing but heck, if your gunna gut her just for two skiens full of roe take her meat too, and at least kill her by cutting her head off/ cut the gills not crap on her and let her float away still gasping for air. I think I've had enough, the dip net last weekend did it, I'm going to approach and question and argue with anyone no matter what size shape color who is doing illegal activities in the water, I'll give me my piece of mind maybe more where ore the CO's???????????????????????? WHERE ARE THE CO'S??? Where are the co's where are the co's where are the co's???????????????????????

Do t want to be rude, but a lot of people I saw this weekend and people who came up to me to talked pissed me off, do your own homework like I did... Or maybe I'll post it to the world, the salmon come and the snaggers come with them, then the browns, and fewer snaggers then the steelhead with very few snaggers shut up and get out and tell us what you found out river flow rate temp, etc amount of fish on certain conditions etc.... Don't ask that type of q again, and I had a talk with a few fish this summer, brown and steelhead aren't coming up the river cuz you and your friends will be there...

All we can hope is us(the majority) have the authorities on speed dial and hope one of the few of them can enforce the laws.:good:

Was this a remark to my post.? Sorry if I may seem upset about the slaying of salmon/ any living thing but heck, if your gunna gut her just for two skiens full of roe take her meat too, and at least kill her by cutting her head off/ cut the gills not crap on her and let her float away still gasping for air. I think I've had enough, the dip net last weekend did it, I'm going to approach and question and argue with anyone no matter what size shape color who is doing illegal activities in the water, I'll give me my piece of mind maybe more where ore the CO's???????????????????????? WHERE ARE THE CO'S??? Where are the co's where are the co's where are the co's???????????????????????

Nope, that was a reply to the original post.

I think we need more people like you,I am also not shy about speaking my mind. Will do and have many times when things aren't right. That's about all we can do shy of going to jail./arrested.

Edited by davey buoy