Free Navionics WORLDWIDE!

young_one

Is it only me or is the Navionics main site giving free access to worldwide major marine charts?

http://www.navionics.com/

Excellent detail for most of the lakes around me. (All Kawartha's, Great Lakes, Muskoka, Quinte and etc)

I think this is a limited access/bug, or else how can I justify my PC App purchase? :mellow:

Take advantage of this while it lasts!

N1.jpg

N2.jpg

Edited by young_one

Seems worldwide, depths seem to be in fathoms on all the charts.

you are right Will! Tittle changed.

This is too good to be true.

It is really interesting, I'm exploring ocean depth around Japan, harbor areas around Hong Kong, Honolulu in Hawaii, Red Sea, Black Sea, Mediterranean Sea, Caribbean Sea, and etc.

Navionics really have a huge data base!

Edited by young_one

Seems worldwide, depths seem to be in fathoms on all the charts.

Perfect!!! Thanks.

I use them for the different shades and contour lines, not depth anywhow. :)

Edited by Harrison

I think I know what I'm doing all day. A chart of the depth of the estuary section of rivers would be awesome,, so if I'm reading this correctly, the mouth of the Humber river says 0.5. So is that 1 yard 3 feet deep? I always thought it was like 15 20 feet deep, maybe that's just cuz of the dirty chocolate color?

I think I know what I'm doing all day. A chart of the depth of the estuary section of rivers would be awesome,, so if I'm reading this correctly, the mouth of the Humber river says 0.5. So is that 1 yard 3 feet deep? I always thought it was like 15 20 feet deep, maybe that's just cuz of the dirty chocolate color?

Mouth of the Humber is shallow. Within casting distance it's 4-6ft.

Those depths are correct and are in fanthoms..

can these be downloaded to mmc card or just available for print screen?

Navionics isn't going to give anyone free charts :) They want you to oohhh and awwww about them so you purchase their map cards.

Edited by BillM

Stupid question but how do you read the depth? They're in feet im guessing? what does it mean when there are 2 numbers with one just below the other?

Just looked up fathom.. 1 unit is 6 ft on those maps? Makes more sense i guess.

Edited by Gray_Wolf

The 40 Acres" as an area that spreads itself north four miles from the head of Grindstone Island to the Canadian Admiralty islands, near Gananoque and then west five miles to the area stretching south from Howe Island to Wolfe Island