What fish are they?

dbick

Hi all!

Just got back from a fishing trip in the temagami area, great trip with phenomenal weather!!

A buddy and I hiked to a lake on day and brought the fishfinder with us :) and we putted around the lake marking fish, a lot were on the bottom and some were suspended. This lake was a bout 2km long and about 500m wide, in general, with depths in the main lake area 40 feet to 25 feet. We have only caught Bass and Pike here but have mostly only fished for bass. Here's my question: We saw quite a few fish on the bottom or suspended in the deeper water and wondering if anyone can take an educated guess as to what they are?!

(because we never caught any of them and want to!)

Thanks!

Dan

I'm going with whitefish. If they were big fish, probably pike or walleye.

Pretty small lake your talking about, not likely to hold Lakers at only 40fow.

On the lake I've been recently fishing, aprroximately the same size and depth, it holds pike, walleye and whitefish. We've trolled across the main basin a few times with no luck... Sounds a bit like your situation, and I'm guessing that my whitefish would be found in the main basin with pike cruising around them.

i just fished la reserve beauchene and was marking a ton of fish on bottom and suspended up to 30 off bottom. I made about 4 passes because i thought they were lakers or walleye, untill i snaged a soild 6 pound whitefish. found that if i seen 3-6 fished stacked up they were whities if larger schools they were smaller eyes.