A new discovery

HTHM

I don't see any reason this wouldn't taste good???

It doesn't sound like something I'd do all the time, but heck, how do you think amazing recipies are discovered? You gotta try, and nothing wrong with thinking outside the box.

Simliar to Dana, I've cooked lakers in brown sugar with a touch of syrup/butter, with just a lil pepper and it's unreal good.

Also, naked walleye cooked in butter, and seasoned with nothing other then seasoning salt, is great as well.

My uncle came home after a few beer one night and made a sandwich before going to bed. Sick as a dog the next day. Yup. Mistaken Alpo dog food for canned meat. Wash that down with a chocolate milk and see what happens.

Top that off with a Brylcream tooth treatment, and ya got what ya call, breakfast of champsrofl2.gif

Got drunk camping one time and got hungry in the tent.Felt around in the tent for something to eat.Found the bread and butter, placed it out in front of me in the dark.Ended up buttering the corner of my sleeping bag and almost busting a tooth on the zipper.blink.gif

Top that off with a Brylcream tooth treatment, and ya got what ya call, breakfast of champsrofl2.gif

Got drunk camping one time and got hungry in the tent.Felt around in the tent for something to eat.Found the bread and butter, placed it out in front of me in the dark.Ended up buttering the corner of my sleeping bag and almost busting a tooth on the zipper.blink.gif

Ok, you'll never catch using LOL, but... LOL!!!

If he was drunk enough to eat it, I'd wager the next day's sickness wasn't due to the dog food at all. :)

Indeed. You could be correct.

When he got up and moved about, his brothers kept barking at him. It didn't help his sore head but sure does add to the story. He later went to make another sandwich and it all became clear to him...

I'm sure the icing sugar turned out good, might be worth trying a fillet next time...I used pancake batter by mistake one time and it was great

Actually tons of guys use pancake batter especially when deep frying, it's great.

One time years ago when guiding I bought a box of what I thought was buttermilk pancake mix for my guests shore lunch.

Turns out it was blueberry pancake mix.

I was appalled, thought it tasted vile, like a gigantic fishy blueberry fritter.

They liked it though, so who's to say?

Sometimes, sweet goes surprisingly well with fish. Occasionally I'll cook my trout in maple syrup and it's delightful.

That does not surprise me at all, Dana. Not that sweet goes well with fish, but rather that you think it does, based on your potentially-disturbing-for-children avatar!

Now, before you flame me like my mother-in-laws grilled cheese my kids refuse to eat, it's all in jest :thumbsup_anim: Except for the disturbing avatar part .... :D

Actually tons of guys use pancake batter especially when deep frying, it's great.

One time years ago when guiding I bought a box of what I thought was buttermilk pancake mix for my guests shore lunch.

That's all I've ever used, pancake mix and thin it to the proper consistency with whatever beer I have in my hand at the moment :thumbsup_anim:

maybe add a little seasoning.

Edited by dave524

Turns out it was blueberry pancake mix.

I was appalled, thought it tasted vile, like a gigantic fishy blueberry fritter.

They liked it though, so who's to say?

lol yes, I found out after many guys use pancake batter, I "discovered" it by accident during a sleeper hut trip in early college, we packed everything in ziploc bags and the marker wore off....I was bummed out because i thought i had discovered something new, only everybody i told said they all heard of it...guess i missed the memo lol