Cormorants

Pickeral eater

Hey all just wanted to hear everyone's take on the cormorants in Ontario. I live in Niagara Falls where the Niagara Parkway that stretches from Fort Erie to Niagara on the Lake is being devastated by these birds. Here in Niagara we rely on the beauty of the Parkway to bring in tourists, and at the current rate there won't be much left of it if something is not done soon. Now I'm not suggesting to re introduce DDT but I feel something has to be done. How have these birds affected your areas and any ideas how to deal with this issue?

Bill

The kawartha's a full of them too.

I'd be the first one in line for a license to shoot a few.

These are sea birds, and after spending two weeks in NFLD, I've already seen more of them here, than I did down there. Its sickening.

I took a quick ride thru the marsh where I hunt ducks last week, and all I saw were cormmorants. Hundreds of them.....never seen so many, in over 20 years hunting this marsh.

Its time we do something before its too late!!

S.

The kawartha's a full of them too.

I'd be the first one in line for a license to shoot a few.

These are sea birds, and after spending two weeks in NFLD, I've already seen more of them here, than I did down there. Its sickening.

I took a quick ride thru the marsh where I hunt ducks last week, and all I saw were cormmorants. Hundreds of them.....never seen so many, in over 20 years hunting this marsh.

Its time we do something before its too late!!

S.

I thought it was Daffy. :whistling: Me bad.

I've seen hundreds, if not thousands of them while driving along the road beside Hamilton Harbor (the road that runs parallel to the skyway). And if you drive over the skyway, you can see thousands of the little buggers sitting on those manmade islands. Maybe a mass extermination should be organized on them and the seagulls as well.

are the government employees apart of the army and shooting them with bombs like they did for years into the lake? hahaha!

ive seen them on a few lakes around but nothing like the south, but there is one lake north of the sault that they destroyed, this hunting season a few stray shots may go flying that way.

Cormorants could be a GOOD thing for Lake Nip......especially they way the walleye fishing continues to spiral downward.....and anglers go elsewhere to fish.

Just think Sinker, you could be booking a trip in the next few years to go Cormorant hunting on the famous Lake Nip.....limit 15 Cormorants per hunter per day with bonus birds during the week days to promote even more tourist on the off days up north.... :whistling:

Cormorants could be a GOOD thing for Lake Nip......especially they way the walleye fishing continues to spiral downward.....and anglers go elsewhere to fish.

Just think Sinker, you could be booking a trip in the next few years to go Cormorant hunting on the famous Lake Nip.....limit 15 Cormorants per hunter per day with bonus birds during the week days to promote even more tourist on the off days up north.... whistling.gif

rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

Welcome home Bob !!!