Man I need to relearn Simcoe

Cudz

I got out on Somcoe today for 6 hours. I managed 3 smb and 1 perch and my buddy managed 2 perch total. I went to most of my spots and I also made the trek to Thorah!!!!

I did well on openning day but since then it has been a struggle getting quality fish (mid you this is only my thord time out looking for them this summer).

I know I have said this before, but something is different out there. Hardly any follow ups either.

On a related side note. This morning while fishing Thorah I watched thousands of comorants fly from Thorah to Geogina Island. It was a dense black cloud of comorants that actually stretched the distance between the two islands. I was shocked at the numbers. THey were in the thoudands. Maybe that where all the perch have gone.

Hey Cudz,

Tough luck - it's a wacky weather year, that's for sure. March was HOT, April was cool, and it's been a hot summer since then - so I expect some usual patterns are a bit out of whack.

I only fished Simcoe once this year (July). Fished my usual spots, maybe a bit deeper, and did pretty well, hooking two 5+ hogs and numerous smaller fish, plus the standard jumbo perchies I always pick up when bass fishing.

That's the only tip I can offer (fish deeper).

Good luck out there.

MoB

I got out on Somcoe today for 6 hours. I managed 3 smb and 1 perch and my buddy managed 2 perch total. I went to most of my spots and I also made the trek to Thorah!!!!

I did well on openning day but since then it has been a struggle getting quality fish (mid you this is only my thord time out looking for them this summer).

I know I have said this before, but something is different out there. Hardly any follow ups either.

On a related side note. This morning while fishing Thorah I watched thousands of comorants fly from Thorah to Geogina Island. It was a dense black cloud of comorants that actually stretched the distance between the two islands. I was shocked at the numbers. THey were in the thoudands. Maybe that where all the perch have gone.

I know someone that has property on Thorah and they were given a permit by the MNR to shoot as many cormorant as they can whenever they want. Could this be true?

I am unable to find any thing this year in my spots each time i've been out , maybe i need the bigger boat in the water ... lol , thought the next time out i'd try fishing every where on Simcoe i'v never fished before and see what that dose for me .

I couldn't catch anything when I went out on Simcoe, as well as every other place I fish. I have caught about 1/2 of the fish that I did last year, and that includes everything from small stream brookies to open water fishing on big lakes. I think it must be the weather, because I'm doing all the exact same things I did last year. I haven't even caught a pike over 30" this year!!!! Hopefully next year will be better, because I'm feeling like I suck this season.