51.5" & a 55", Two Persona Best Fish. Hookset>Net>Release.

Well I'm going to post two videos from this last week, one of my Personal best muskie 51.5" and one of my friends 55" his first muskie caught casting as he usually trolls.

51.5 - after a long season putting in lots of time on the water i finally hook into a beast! measuring 51.5" and girthy. a few quick pics and release to swim another day

51.5" Video -

55" - no tail pinch, fish was hooked good and i was the net man, i know it was a sketchy net job but at least she got to the boat! after a monster hook set and good battle boat side she was unhook and released with ease to swim another day

55" Video -

don't want to talk to much about these fish i will let the videos speak for them selfs.

as always i hope you enjoy ontariofishingcommunity.

dooood. lol thats all i could say. the slow motion really made for a good doooood i ruined it doood.

thanks dood, hope you were speechless of the fish & not my net job on that hogdoggler 55"

haha i got a good laugh out of your post by the way.

Dood, I wasn't even making fun of you! Thats was really just my reaction, lol. Those are crazy good fish and the videos are priceless. The net job wasn't too bad, we've all done it. But you got it in the net, thats all that matters, dood!

Thanks for that post and those videos, and lol's. clapping.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

Wow, you seriously need a bigger net bud!!!! Very nice fish but the netting is atrocious, you'd have been better hauling it in by hand under the gill plate carefully!!

Eh, it's not like the fish was harmed. Sometimes people aren't prepared for an epic fish like a 55" musky, it happens. I'm sure he knows now.

He said the fish was released unharmed, good enough for me. Let him enjoy the unbelievable catches. I'm thankful he posted them up.

Edited by manitoubass2

Wow, you seriously need a bigger net bud!!!! Very nice fish but the netting is atrocious, you'd have been better hauling it in by hand under the gill plate carefully!!

ya, you would be a real genius grabbing a 50 plus incher by gill plate witha couple of giant hooks thrashing around...

great fish Jones! we all gotta start somewhere.

Hey, no worries Manitoubass2, all I'm saying is if you are going to target musky, you need to be prepared, and if he's lucky enough to catch musky that size, next time bring a bigger net is all.

Yeppers, I agree. But like I said, I'm sure he knows now!

Not tryin to start anything, just adding my two cents.

Again, great catches!

ya, you would be a real genius grabbing a 50 plus incher by gill plate witha couple of giant hooks thrashing around...

No genius here, but been there, done that. When Paul's 52"er would not fit in the net and I could see the harm it was causing the fish trying to net it, you bet I grabbed it and hauled her in. She swam away beautifully and nobody got hurt, we bought a bigger net the next weekend.

Lets not let this get ridiculous, I'm just giving constructive criticism, that's all. Believe me, we've all learned a few things catching the big ones and I know a few things now I did not know before. Just trying to help is all!!! The more safe musky releases the better :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Joey

Sick fish man, those are some real trophies, you should be proud. Who even cares about the sketchy net job, got it in the boat and I dont see how it could have done any harm to the fish at all. I personally wouldn't bother spending all that dough on a bigger net the one you have probably works fine 90% of the time.. Again, great fish dude thumbsup_anim.gif

Edited by DundasSteelheader

dooood. lol thats all i could say. the slow motion really made for a good doooood i ruined it doood.

thanks dood, hope you were speechless of the fish & not my net job on that hogdoggler 55"

haha i got a good laugh out of your post by the way.

"Hogdoggler" LMAO!!!

Both great fish and congrats to both of you.

Here's the irony. Had they opted for a quality nets instead of the GoPro's, we're not having this conversation or seeing this fiasco.

It's great that the fish swam away but maybe somebody reading this thread will benefit from Joey's comment and allocate funds towards a suitable net rather than a nicer rod/reel, more lures or electronics.

i couldnt help but laugh, jones didnt think it was quite so funny. that 51.5 it was a helluva fish. never been so nervous tryin to put one in the net. 2 biggest ive seen on lsc this year.

edit: the gopro came as a present to both of us, but i know what youre saying. we're trying to get a better net. jones had one for a day till my first 50" bit thru it. apparently it wasnt as good as thought.

Edited by Djeep

WOW your video's make me miss fishing back home, beauty fish, cool video's too, gopro's are something else, but I find they work best in optimal conditions (obviously lol)..I never get good footage when I drag mine out, early morning or tends to be foggy/raining/crappy weather in general

that net isn't causing those musky any more stress than a set of 7/0 trebles and 100 lb braid ripping them to the boat...you guys got the fish in the net and subdued before you attempted to land/bring them in the boat, no sticks involved and not thrashing around on the ground...that net is only causing the anglers more stress...I bet if you do lose a 50+ from a sketchy net job it'll be your last time on the water with that net!!

great post

Nice fish and a great first post let's not get this locked down because of a net fight. The comment of bigger net was given in the light of good spirits let's keep this thread about the fish and the video and not bash each other.

Art

Fantastic Fish....

I could not get over the ssshhhhh sshhhhh, stop laughing, this is serious....the things we do when we get excited are awesome, I typically am the opposite, screaming like a schoolgirl when I think it's a big one.

Fantastic Fish....

I could not get over the ssshhhhh sshhhhh, stop laughing, this is serious....the things we do when we get excited are awesome, I typically am the opposite, screaming like a schoolgirl when I think it's a big one. Hahahaha! Awesome! I go into some weird mode with extreme phrases like" oh, here we go. Here we go! Big bite! Oh yeah, big bite big bite! Get the net ready, real big bite here!" hahah. An airplane could crash right beside me and i wouldnt even notice it! Hahaha

Edited by manitoubass2