X-Box Walleye

limeyangler

Hi All,

I call it X-Box walleye fishing. Basically straight jigging while holding position (piece of cake with the I-Pilot) and watching your jig on screen. If you ice fish with electronics you already know how fun it is playing "X-Box".

It was nice to find some keeper size on this lake. Its a deep Lake Trout lake and its normal not to get a walleye under 20".

All the fish were in the 30'FOW range in pretty featurelss and structureless areas, although the second spot where i got the 29"er was near the drop off to 80"FOW.

Cant recommend the X-box method enough, really lets you see how the fish are reacting to baits allowing you to adjust your presentation to trigger strikes. Jig and minnows were the bait. Wind was howling at 20kmh+ from the WNW.

VIDEO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6g2owMY1Y6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_2618-1.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

Awesome evening action after a long hard day powerwashing all the cedar siding.....actually felt like i earned a good session!

Tight lines all.

Wow buddy! Some real nice fish there!!!! I took your advice and thats how we were smashing those lakers too, so thanks for that.

Any chance your gonna get out for lakers before seasons end? I know it last minute dood but we should head out. Manitou or even a little further up your way, let me know if you got days off and can make it happen.

Hope Jack and the wife are doing well!

Give me a call when ya get a chance!!!

Rick

very cool

I call it video game fishing, but same thing

I love it

Just like ice fishing :thumbsup_anim:

Nice eyes ya got there, very cool. Thanks for sharing

Thanks B)

Silly me, I thought you were referring to a walleye caught by your ex girlfriend. :whistling:

Wow...feel really old now...its at least 15 years since i had a girlfriend.

you're killing me. what an outing - thumbsup_anim.gif . Staying right on your spot, hands off in a 20k wind? Sweet what that i-pilot can do

Yeah...it will do it for about 2 or 3 hours straight before the battery drains....not bad. Must admit that the wind dropped considerably as the evening progressed....but the first fish were caught in a howling wind.

Yup, love X-box laker fishing on Simcoe :thumbsup_anim:

:thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Dam...Your killin me! Dose the limeyangler everhave a bad day on the water?

Looks like a fun game!!

Nice fish!

If you mean do i ever not catch fish...YES....happened yesterday actually....my buddy got 2 walleye and i got ZERO....just a small bass and a couple of pike. :sleeping_02:

Very nice Simon...man, I can't wait to get up north to jig for some of those babies, next week!

Where ya headed Frankie?

Wow buddy! Some real nice fish there!!!! I took your advice and thats how we were smashing those lakers too, so thanks for that.

Any chance your gonna get out for lakers before seasons end? I know it last minute dood but we should head out. Manitou or even a little further up your way, let me know if you got days off and can make it happen.

Hope Jack and the wife are doing well!

Give me a call when ya get a chance!!!

Rick

We really should make the effort....i know my buddy cliff would be up for it too. Maybe head back to your spot where you were with your dad? I'll shout ya this week. Maybe this weekend for lakers?

Great video game Simon! I too am impressed that you can stay on the spot in that wind. thumbsup_anim.gif

The I-Pilot is an impressive piece of kit....no skill involved from me.

Excellent walleye fishing there - and I can't believe that you can actually see the fish going after your bait on the screen. That really possible?

You betcha! I won't even go ice fishing if I dont have my flasher with me. Especially on Quinte.

We put it to the test one day cause I have a buddy that "doesnt believe in that crap" and swore he could outfish me without one....

Well... after outfishing him by a 5-to-1 margin for the morning... he quickly changed his tune and asked to use my spare Vexilar! LOL

They are a MUST HAVE for any serious fisherman. Whether on the hard or softwater.

PS - most sonar units come equipped with the "flasher" feature.... a lot of people dont even know they have it.

They are a MUST HAVE for any serious fisherman. Whether on the hard or softwater.

PS - most sonar units come equipped with the "flasher" feature.... a lot of people dont even know they have it.

Coulkd not agree more. I gotaa say that even though my x67 has a flasher mode...i find the graph mode much more user friendly and efficient.....the few seconds 'history' really helps to interpret fish movement/reactions/preferences.