Lunch With Snag - Possible Pb? Broken Finger?

snag

Went to Gbay yesterday.

Froze my butt in the canoe.

Caught some pike (not pic worthy - fingers were too cold to operate camera)

Almost went skating

med_gallery_82_84_32988.jpg

med_gallery_82_84_26826.jpg

Went out for lunch to work on my landing skills.

I mentioned in my previous post that I lost a possible PB. See: My Webpage

It broke my line and stole my HJ 14.(and my heart) :(

Snapped a pic:

gallery_82_84_61924.jpg

Then tragedy stuck and she bit through my 80# floro leader!

Well, I went back to the same spot and was confident I would hook-up.

This will help with the size, remember this? (from last post)

gallery_82_84_26187.jpg

And here she is. She was THICK and heavy (I really wished she fit into the whole shot!)

gallery_82_84_33266.jpg

Look at my dumb, scowling face.

When I picked her up, she bucked, HARD.

Treble hooks and flesh don't go well together.

My finger either "SNAPPED" or "POPPED" (I'm not talking breakfast cereal here)

It was a whole lotta fish for one finger.

Thus the facial expression.

I was alone so you'll have to excuse the lack of measurements (the shore is very rocky and not suitable to lay a fish down, oh, and I thought it broke my finger!)

Well, I'm at work as I write this.

My co-workers think I dropped the hood of my car on my finger.

It hurts like hell but I can bend it a little, so I don't think it's broken.

I don't want to sit in the hospital for 6 hours either.

Perhaps Moosebunk can fly me up to his hospital?

How 'bout it Moosey?

Bled all over my new Stradic too. Note the blue colour forming in my knuckle

gallery_82_84_44841.jpg

Glad I'm not obsessive about this inexpensive, leisurely hobby.

Have a great weekend!

Edited by snag

Way to go, Snag. I see the Borgnine resemblance clearly now. Nice fish.

I wonder if you dislocated something? I think if you just pull on your finger until you pass out, it will pop back into place all by itself.

According to http://www.emedicinehealth.com/finger_disl.../article_em.htm, my careful prosthesis is that you see a doctor.

Today is good. Moosebunk?

Edited by douG

DouG, it was a Musky that looked like Borgnine, That pike definately resembles Gene Hackman.

Great report Snag. I hope you didn't break the finger. It sure does look purple. No walk in clinics in the area? Not much they can do anyway. Just tape a stick to it and don't poke anybody this weekend. :D

Joey

It looks dislocated to me, according to what I read. Instructions are to see a doctor before the swelling gets too bad. If untreated, you may lose function in your finger. The blueness of the knuckle is the giveaway.

Please check the link I posted, Snag. It's difficult to see on this board. I wonder if his Supreme Geekness can make hyperlinks a little more visible.

It looks dislocated to me, according to what I read. Instructions are to see a doctor before the swelling gets too bad. If untreated, you may lose function in your finger. The blueness of the knuckle is the giveaway.

Please check the link I posted, Snag. It's difficult to see on this board. I wonder if his Supreme Geekness can make hyperlinks a little more visible.

Thanks Doug,

You're right. I couldn't find the link :dunno:

The swelling has gone down a bit and I will head to a walk-in clinic soon.

Um, when you say "you may lose function in your finger" is that like temporary or permanent?

I really like that finger. It's useful. We've been through a lot together.

Thanks for your concern.

DouG, it was a Musky that looked like Borgnine, That pike definately resembles Gene Hackman.

Great report Snag. I hope you didn't break the finger. It sure does look purple. No walk in clinics in the area? Not much they can do anyway. Just tape a stick to it and don't poke anybody this weekend. :D

Joey

See above,

I'll hit the clinic soon!

P.s. You are correct. It was a Musky!

Edited by snag

A lot of people don't realize that fishing is a blood sport, whether you keep your catch or not. :D

Nice report, I thought we were committed going out on G. Bay on Thursday, but we weren't in a canoe!

Mike

I don't know Mike,

I still think you're committed. It looked even colder where you went.

The thin ice was still a pain in the butt to break with the canoe.

Glad I was rewarded for my efforts?!!

Edited by snag

Excellent report and pics Snag! That's a darn fine Pike ya got there, and it's only fair for them to draw a little blood from us from time to time... we do it to them. As for the finger... you may want to consider "downsizing" to Perch or even Bluegill, they're fiesty... but not nearly the Bullies that the bigger fish are. ;):rolleyes::lol:

Sorry to hear about the finger. I know what that feels like - got a treble deep in my finger when unhooking a pike at the T.O Islands on Pike opener this year and had to go to hospital.

I'm sure it won't be long before you're out there again - bet you're planning your next trip already to make things even with those toothy critters! :-)

All the best

Nice catch Snag, hope the finger gets feeling better.

Sorry too that your new Stradic got soiled but it just gives it more character.

You're right. The red was a nice touch

Ouch!

Great lookin pike man, wish you didnt live so far from me!

Move back!

The pike look huge right now!

yes i can relate to you snag,ive had a long trip to the hospital because of a treble hook going right through my finger & bone and out the other side,anyway nice report and pics,hope you are ok and recover for the next fishin trip :dunno::Gonefishing:;)

Through the bone!!!

Through the bone!!!

Luckily mine just ripped into the joint and through musle tissue and a vein or two.

A BEAUTY!! Hope the finger is back in action soon!!

Forget about me,

You two are on fire!

Sorry to hear about your finger snag but you'll heal up I'm sure of it. :P The cold weather and fish struggling try to get away while you're holding them does go together too well. So becareful out there.

dsn :(

How the centre island report coming?

Excellent report and pics Snag! That's a darn fine Pike ya got there, and it's only fair for them to draw a little blood from us from time to time... we do it to them. As for the finger... you may want to consider "downsizing" to Perch or even Bluegill, they're fiesty... but not nearly the Bullies that the bigger fish are. ;):rolleyes::lol:

with my luck I'll catch a fresh water piranha and lose a finger.

Sorry to hear about the finger. I know what that feels like - got a treble deep in my finger when unhooking a pike at the T.O Islands on Pike opener this year and had to go to hospital.

I'm sure it won't be long before you're out there again - bet you're planning your next trip already to make things even with those toothy critters! :-)

All the best

I went out the next day with a splint on!