Abamasagi Lake, Nakina

corvette1

Just got back from Nakina with recommendations from Mike (Solo Paddler). Was a great trip walleye and pike

everywhere. Nice boats, motors and cabins.

Total for the week 815. My boat 375. Largest pike 38"......Largest walleye 29"

008.jpg

027-1.jpg

NB0932700143_238954688-57_17466_640_480_SD3.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

That's 116.428 fish per day which translates into insane awesomeness in my books ! That's more than my yearly count for pete's sake ;) How long do they say the trip in by boat would take ?

I also spy a Tundra 45 in that load. Heavy bestard but nice cooler, love mine :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the report. Always nice to read about successful fishing trips. I have to say though, that looks like A LOT of gear lol!

Out of curiosity, did you ever see anyone else on the lake?? I believe there are a few other outposts, but not sure how close they are to the O'Sullivan outpost.

Thanks for the report. Always nice to read about successful fishing trips. I have to say though, that looks like A LOT of gear lol!

Out of curiosity, did you ever see anyone else on the lake?? I believe there are a few other outposts, but not sure how close they are to the O'Sullivan outpost.

I was there last year. Twin Lakes has 3 outposts on Aba as well. One is a couple of km's away from Howards camp in the narrows.

The other two are about 12km's away on the main body of the lake next to each other.

Last summer when I was there two of the Twin Lakes camps were occupied.

It was never an issue, it's such a massive fish filled lake.

When fishing the main lake you might see one or two other boats off in the distance, or many times none at all.

I was there last year. Twin Lakes has 3 outposts on Aba as well. One is a couple of km's away from Howards camp in the narrows.

The other two are about 12km's away on the main body of the lake next to each other.

Last summer when I was there two of the Twin Lakes camps were occupied.

It was never an issue, it's such a massive fish filled lake.

When fishing the main lake you might see one or two other boats off in the distance, or many times none at all.

I was just curious, it wouldn't really bother me much. Based on the satellite image I always assumed Howard's camp was near where the two rivers (Kawashkagama R. and Kowkasli R.??) enter Aba, guess not =) Maybe it's a camp site given the canoe route and all.

I was just curious, it wouldn't really bother me much. Based on the satellite image I always assumed Howard's camp was near where the two rivers (Kawashkagama R. and Kowkasli R.??) enter Aba, guess not =) Maybe it's a camp site given the canoe route and all.

Nope there's nothing in that spot.

Howards camp is at the very end of the long northeast arm of the lake.

hi frank horwood is a great lake lots of big eyes and pike but it's no match for a fly-in it's just not the same .on the other hand i like having own my boat but if you break it is going to cost you and that means you a lot of fishing time.

Ya, I spose you could say 815 fish was a good trip laugh.gif

Sounds like you had a great time Doug !!

thanks lew now we have get out and get a few ski's

Awesome Doug thumbsup_anim.gif

Only 815???? whistling.gifw00t.gif

thanks joey we all had our perch counter's with us

Well if all that gear on the dock was yours I don't think 815 fish is a lot for 20 guys, lolol....

no just 6

Sounds like you guys kicked a$$ Doug!!! Nice unexpected bonus getting the flight in!

Congrats on a successful trip!

How many levels above Horwood would you put this trip?

thank's frank

Great report Doug. Thanks for sharing that. Beauty colours on those clean fish. What kind of a drive was it from Lewiston the the plane?

thank's roy 16.5 hr going 13.5 coming home less pee's on the way home

Doug... killer numbers of eyes dood! And some dandy size. That's a FUN week.

thank's drew

GREAT report Doug !!

815 fish in 1 week, unbelievable. thumbsup_anim.gifthumbsup_anim.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

thank's dan i have to say it was fun

Nice Report.........I fished "ABA" over 20 years ago with 7 other guys....I think we stayed in a different cabin...back then it was the only camp on the ABA...it was a huge log cabin that easily slept all 8 of us...it even had running water....yep, you took a bucket and ran down to the dock, filled it and ran back....LOL....we also took a Beaver plane in and out...it looks like you did too......

The only thing that would make it better is if it was much closer to drive to........back then it took us almost 24 hours of straight driving....but the guy that set it up had a 38' motor home for all of us to travel in...drinking beer and playing cards the whole way... :w00t:

Our numbers were a bit more then yours (1080 walleyes and 243 pike) but we had 8 guys so that evens out....HOWEVER, your walleye size blows us right out of the water.....biggest I remember was under 4 pounds....I did get a 12 pound pike but the kid we brought along beat me with a 14 pounder the next day... :D

Now if they could only pick us up at Buffalo Airport and fly those Beaver Planes in, that would be GREAT.... :)

Nice Report.........I fished "ABA" over 20 years ago with 7 other guys....I think we stayed in a different cabin...back then it was the only camp on the ABA...it was a huge log cabin that easily slept all 8 of us...it even had running water....yep, you took a bucket and ran down to the dock, filled it and ran back....LOL....we also took a Beaver plane in and out...it looks like you did too......

The only thing that would make it better is if it was much closer to drive to........back then it took us almost 24 hours of straight driving....but the guy that set it up had a 38' motor home for all of us to travel in...drinking beer and playing cards the whole way... :w00t:

Our numbers were a bit more then yours (1080 walleyes and 243 pike) but we had 8 guys so that evens out....HOWEVER, your walleye size blows us right out of the water.....biggest I remember was under 4 pounds....I did get a 12 pound pike but the kid we brought along beat me with a 14 pounder the next day... :D

Now if they could only pick us up at Buffalo Airport and fly those Beaver Planes in, that would be GREAT.... :)

Not the same lake.