Took tomorrow off - Walleye Fishing - which lake you recommend?

mirogak

Hey gang,

Wanted to take the boat out for the first time this year for some walleye fishing. Those of you who have already done so which lakes did you have more success with Scugog, Rice or Balsam? Historically I have been skunked by Balsam many times.

Thx,

M

Lol. Okay thx gents. Rice it is then. I am planning to be on the lake the entire day but I think it goes without saying that dusk and dawn are probably my best bet.

Honestly, if they are still on, you will only need about 2-3 hours to get a limit of slot fish.

FOR JUST CATCHING FISH...BALSAM IS THE TOPS..DIFF SLOT MAKES IT HARD TO KEEP ANY

FOR FISHING FOR SUPPER RICE IS HARD TO BEAT THIS YEAR.

HAVE HAD UNBELIEVEABLE FUN ON BOTH #'S OF FISH,, AND SIZE IN MANY DIFFERENT AREAS

SCUGOG HAS BE SLOW..FISH SPREAD THIN

Lol. Okay thx gents. Rice it is then. I am planning to be on the lake the entire day but I think it goes without saying that dusk and dawn are probably my best bet.

Not entirely true... the past two weekends, my best times have been in the middle of the afternoon with bluebird skies and water like glass.

I'M WITH STOTY

ALWAY HAD MY BEST LUCK DURING DAY SUNNER BLUEBIRD DAY LOVE IT

KEEP THE EYES TIGHT TO COVER EASIER TO FIND,,,,THEY TEND TO STACK UP AS WELL.......CATCH 1 CATCH A DOZEN

SUNNIER DAYS MOVE THEM A FEW FEET BACK FROM WEED EDGES...PUT A JIG IN FRONT OF THEM THEY WILL EAT IT

CPL OF MY BEST AREAS...THEY DONT START EATING TILL 9AM THEN POUND THE BAIT FOR CPL HRS NON STOP

Not entirely true... the past two weekends, my best times have been in the middle of the afternoon with bluebird skies and water like glass.

Saweeeeet ... Thx bud. Gives me reason to be on water the entire day.

COOLEST THING I EVER SAW ON RICE WAS OLD MAN IN ROWBOAT NEAR CURTIS POINT

CANE POLE 10' OF LINE HAIR JIG

DUNKED EVERY HOLE IN WEEDS

GETS BIT SETS HOOK THROWS POLE OVERBOARD

WAITS TILL POLE FLOATS BACK UP ROWS OVER PICKS UP POLE AND LIFTS TIRED FISH INTO BOAT

WATCHED HIM FOR HRS...

DONT HAVE CANE POLE BUT FISHED BEST I COULD..JUST I BROKE OFF MORE FISH THAN I COULD COUNT! CAUGHT SOME AS WELL

Best action for me has been mid day on rice as well. As long as there is a bit of a chop, they will bite all day long in there. Choose your weapon, and find a weed edge, and you'll find some fish in there.

S.

I'll be out for a few hours in the morn as well. Oh wait, it is morn already....better hit the hay 6:30 comes fast.

Fish were off Sunday evening haven't been out since, hope they are back.

I'll keep an eye out for the boat with reg# on back or missing down one side :whistling:

Edited by 206

COOLEST THING I EVER SAW ON RICE WAS OLD MAN IN ROWBOAT NEAR CURTIS POINT

CANE POLE 10' OF LINE HAIR JIG

DUNKED EVERY HOLE IN WEEDS

GETS BIT SETS HOOK THROWS POLE OVERBOARD

WAITS TILL POLE FLOATS BACK UP ROWS OVER PICKS UP POLE AND LIFTS TIRED FISH INTO BOAT

WATCHED HIM FOR HRS...

DONT HAVE CANE POLE BUT FISHED BEST I COULD..JUST I BROKE OFF MORE FISH THAN I COULD COUNT! CAUGHT SOME AS WELL

Why are you yelling!?