GoPro Hero 2

Stoty

Just a heads up for anyone looking to get their hands on a GoPro Hero 2....

Sail in Oshawa got a shipment of 16 of them in.

They're pretty hard to find, so I'd recommend grabbing one while you can.

Edited by Stoty

$349.99

They are AWESOME for making fishing videos!

They are extremely versatile and can be used pretty much everywhere with all the different mounting options they have (head, helmet, handle bars, suction cups, poles, etc)

Just get the standard package Mike. All of the accessories are available at a store near you or at least online. Go to Youtube and slap in "GoPro mounts" There's a 3 part video there explaining a few goodies.

They have the mounts there it just ticks me that they can not order the package I want but do offer me the mounts there for around $20 each so I can buy the gipro they carry for the same price as Motorsport but then pay $40 on top for the correct mount then have two I don't need.

I got the hero2 for me sled last winter and got the motorsports one it comes with a suction cup too then I bought the bag of accessory mounts !!! It's great you can mount it anywhere I took some amazing sled videos as well I used the windows media player when I take the vids of the camera it works amazing and I'm gonna mount it on my boat ad got the mount to put it on my net or wherever I want !!! I also have the chest mount on a strap so it really can go everywhere !!!! And the suction cup mount will not come off I had it on my sled a few times in -20 and worked great !!! The bag of mounts I think was $29 and gives you even more options !!! Oh ya and get a spare battery too !!!!!!

Ya, get a spare battery for sure!

I'm hoping to convince the "better half" into getting another one, LOL

Edit - add - The next accessory I want to get is the LCD screen to review the videos, so you can save space by deleting the clips you dont want and knowing exactly which clip it is, so there is no accidental deletions! lol

Edited by Stoty

That wifi unit sounds very sweet and will probably cost the same. The more I see videos here taken with the camera, the more I want to get one of these vs a waterproof p&s. How do the stills look from the Hero2 and are people happy with the different FOV (I presume it's a software crop) ?

I got my hero2 at royal distributing in December for$299 reg price was $349 so it was a great deal and I went and bought all the accessories other than the LCD screen. And it's awesome in everyway I have about 100 snowmobile videos and it works great they also now have a model you can carry in a backpack if you go to their website it shows everything !!! And I had a Helmut mout on me all winter so my unit was in the snow all winter and it's 100 % waterproof !!! If you go to vectordevil on YouTube you can see some of my sled vid clips !!! It's unlimited what you can do with the gopro 2 and the hd is great but for sure get a second battery and the bag of extra mounts and you will be able to mount it everywhere !!!!