Transon tie down straps

Fish4Eyes

Looking to replace my transom tie down straps on my boat, but don't want to buy the "Boat Buckle" ones from BPS as I noticed they never held snug while trailering and would always loosen on me ever since I bought them. They loosen even after only a 30min drive. I suspect the slack caused the boat to bounce slighty and rip the carpet on my bunks (which is fairly new). Any recommendations on a set of good tie down straps that will not loosen? My boat and motor is about 1000lb.

These are the ones I currently have and am not pleased with:

http://www.basspro.com/BoatBucklereg;-Pro-Series-Transom-Tie-Downs/product/10211385/236360?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

make sure the boat is centered before you put on the straps. they can loosen off because the light boat is finding its own center after loading..

any 1.5" buckle/cam strap will do you fine, if you dont like the one you are using. another option you might like is to buy a 15-25 foot strap and go right over the boat from fender bracket to fender bracket..makes it very secure if you are having securement issues...

i second what tony said i use the boat buckle transom straps on my lund and only now just replaced them from 2006 and they work great and never come loose and i have trailered them thousands of kilometers !!! when i bought my new motor a few weeks ago from hastings marine they had a bin full of them for sale and they were 4 ft ones !!! i think i payed $25 for 2 :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I got the same as drifter on both a jet boat and a ranger both have traveled 1800 round trip to Canada and they never moved an inch and they are literally 3 seconds each to tie down or release.

Aret

I originally had the manual "boat buckles" tie downs for my boat and never had them loosen off. Make sure you crank the bow of the boat up tight against the bow roller. I've since switched over to the retractable ones and they are very convenient and in my opinion worth the money.

The first year I owned my boat, I also experienced carpet wear on the bunks. I learned it was from the trailer flexing while towing. I just took my old tie down strap and modified it a bit and use it as a bow tie down. The bow is now snug to the trailer and I no longer have premature wear on the bunks.

Here is a picture (not the best pic)

photo13.jpg

BPS also sells the bow tie downs.

Get rid of those old school style tiedowns and get a set of THESE

I've had them on my rig for years and they are the bees knees!!!!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Tie down is a couple of seconds. No more straining and fiddling with those old non-retractable things!!! :good: :good:

Those look like the one on th ranger trailer... They're sweet