First Time Fishing Lake Ontario

Dondorfish

Well - I finally made it out onto Lake Ontario fishing. We went out of St. Catharines Marina. I saw Fishmasters charter boat - nice outfit!

We headed out to about the 35 - 40 foot mark and headed towards the mighty Niagara. Fishing was really slow but we marked quite a few fish. After throwing pretty much everything we had at them - I managed to pick up this one as we made our turn to head back up towards St. Catharines. It weighed an even 13 lbs.

That was pretty much it and as we got back to St. Catharines, we were starting to pack up when this guy hit. It weighed in at 9.4 lbs.

Before you jump all over me about the way we were holding the fish - we knew that we were going release the fish as fast as possible so we combined weigh in time with photo time - thus getting them back in the water as fast as possible.

Hope you enjoyed my afternoon out - I know I did!

Don

Edited by Tracker

Good job Don! As long as you don't hold Muskies like that.... <_<

Nawh - muskies are to smelly to bring in the boat ( LOL ) - knew as soon as I let them go that we should have taken pictures with the proper hold! Oh well - next time - I promise!

Don

Way to go Don. You did better than us. "SKUNKO" Funny that Carp didn't mention that :lol::lol:

We counted 42 boats around Jordan Harbour and never saw a fish. Saw Steve from Hamilton and even he got skunked. Not one fish entered for our Toonie Tourney.

Was great to be out though and had a great day enjoying Carp's company.