Before the season really gets under way

TJQ

Definitely a lifesaver for everyone to know this. Very important. Thanks for sharing this

Also, this how they define the functionality of this technique on their site vrs compression/breaths:

Hands-OnlyTM CPR vs. Conventional CPR with breaths

Are there times when I should use conventional CPR with breaths?

Yes. There are many medical emergencies that cause a person to be unresponsive and to stop breathing normally. In those emergencies, CPR that includes mouth-to-mouth breathing may provide more benefit than Hands-OnlyTM CPR. The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends conventional CPR (CPR with a combination of breaths and compressions) for:

* All infants (up to age 1)

* Children (up to age 8)

* Adult victims who are found already unconscious and not breathing normally

* Any victims of drowning, drug overdose or collapse due to breathing problems.

i thought this was for C-catch P-photo R-release to save a fish's life...lol

great info... there is also some really good emergency first aid apps for the i phone out there... i got one as soon as my son was born....

Pocket first aid and CPR is the one i have.... set up really well...

You know, I've taken First Aid training several times and feel that they over emphasize the role of each individual and what you have to say. I always have in the back of my mind that I will forget to say something or do something wrong.

I like this simplified method where you call for help and then get to pumping! That, I can do!

Thanks for sharing TJ!

You know, I've taken First Aid training several times and feel that they over emphasize the role of each individual and what you have to say. I always have in the back of my mind that I will forget to say something or do something wrong.

I like this simplified method where you call for help and then get to pumping! That, I can do!

Thanks for sharing TJ!

I agree 100% rattletrap - but I think they try to make you go thru the rest of the routine with the expectation that if something comes up somewhere in the back of your mind you'll remember something they taught you to help deal with the issue. with that said - as you've pointed out the important thing is call for help and start pumping !!