Trout Opener - April 27th 2012 * Video Added... Page 2 *

Leecher

Hey everyone,

hope you guys and gals are good?

Talk about a waiting game fishing wise :w00t: April 27th 2012 couldn't come soon enough for me <_< was anxiously waiting since late February :blink: because our hard water season up here was cut short due to unsafe ice :o:wallbash:

Plans back then was already in the works :) Had a couple of local lakes I needed to target for trout opener and today was the day B)

Was hoping to get into a Grand Slam this year consisting of catching a rainbow, a laker and a speck but instead got into OOS species at first and then a few specks :whistling:

Mother Nature, made it hard to achieve this goal :wallbash: and proved once again that no one can mess with her :angry: It was dead freezing out there :wallbash: with temps of -2C, a North Westerly gusting 30 - 40 Km/h, wind chill UNKNOWN :huh: somewhere around -12C maybe more :w00t:

Ask my digits... they are stiff and sore from the abuse they took today casting hardware :wallbash:

Left home late... not wanted... but... was supposed to leave at 6h00am and instead left at 6h30am :lol: got to the first lake around 8h15am... no one in sight B) Got the rods out and tied a Black Fury #2 dressed to start with... Whitespinnerbait... get ready... you're going to love this :)

First cast and on the retrieve, get a solid hit :o At this point I'm thinking rainbow.... fought this fish for a good minute until it surface... not OOS largie :w00t: Back she goes :)

Got into a few more and decided at this point to tie a Black Fury #5 dressed to see if the rainbows would come out to play.... not OOS pike. Then I hear the sound of an oncoming vehicule :w00t: They backed out to the boat launch and at this point decided to head to the other lake I had plan to target :) So I pack up and leave.

Once at the new destination, get the rod out that was already prepped with the Black Fury #5 and make my first cast... to my surprise, a lovely speck decide to have the offering for a lunch B) and land my first speck of the season WOO WHOO :thumbsup_anim:

Here's what she had inside her gullet

DSC08000.jpg

Talk about an hungry fish eh :w00t: Then I tried a few more time casting but the guides on the rod just got ice buildup so I switch to a slip bobber type rig with a piece of worm and got a couple more :) Went 3 for 6, the last one was 12 1/4" long, a good start for Team 9 on the NGL category :)

DSC07999.jpg

After that, it went dead and I decided to call it a day... left and got home around 4h20pm :)

Hope you enjoy the read!!!

Tight lines

TJunkie

Edited by TroutJunkie

Nice, long day my friend.Did you find any wild garlic?Im still looking. When I think I found some and pull up,I see roots, :wallbash:

I,m all set up with my go to spinner.Picked up this sweet rod off of Daniel,and on the same morning, bought this California tackle reel at the Hamilton swap.

001-5.jpg

I,ll be looking to put team 1,in the 1 spot,for the NGL category .

:good:

Way to go Jacques. Specks were the fish of choice on openers for my dad and I for years as I grew up. We trudged along many paths and through alot of bush looking for those beauties!

Heading out tomorrow for our opener with Juli's dad and brother for, hopefully, some small lake rainbows and/or browns.

NICEthumbsup_anim.gif Great start to the season. I'll have to catch a 13" NGL this weekend to keep you guys back! haha

Thanks Chad!!! lol... Good luck this weekend!

Nice, long day my friend.Did you find any wild garlic?Im still looking. When I think I found some and pull up,I see roots, :wallbash:

I,m all set up with my go to spinner.Picked up this sweet rod off of Daniel,and on the same morning, bought this California tackle reel at the Hamilton swap.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/brianb64/001-5.jpg

I,ll be looking to put team 1,in the 1 spot,for the NGL category .

:good:

Thanks Brian!!! I know where to find wild leeks up here but we are not allowed to pick them... Parc de la Gatineau is where there is tones of them... against the law to do so :wallbash: Good luck with the NGL category!

4:20 seems like the perfect time to get home there bud ;)

Just before rush hour :w00t:

Nice trout there Junkie, But 24/7 and Cprince hit Paydirt......going 28 for 40, all in the 2 pound range

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks Paul!!! COOL!!! they hit the mother load eh :good:

World's greatest sport fish. :) Nice shootin!

You got that right Joey!!! Thanks mon chum!

Way to go Jacques. Specks were the fish of choice on openers for my dad and I for years as I grew up. We trudged along many paths and through alot of bush looking for those beauties!

Heading out tomorrow for our opener with Juli's dad and brother for, hopefully, some small lake rainbows and/or browns.

Thanks Frankie!!! Good luck with your opener :thumbsup_anim:

very nice shootin...the bounty was well worth effort

Thanks Dave!!! It sure was B)

nice specs buddy!! when are you coming down this way(grenville) for some private speckled lakes i know? we went 12 for 17 today all between 8-14 inch, it was a slow roll bite

Thanks Carl!!! 12 for 17... You guys did great :thumbsup_anim: Let's make it happen B) Would be honoured to go fishing with you in your neck of the woods :)

yep jacque, i just checked on the mnrf website and wild garlic collecting IS legal as long as you dont go over your 50 bulb limit, selling them is a big no no .... great because i went and got my 50 yesterday and they were DELICIOUS!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Nice fish there! I tried my hand at some trout fishing this morning, I'm fairly sure that I got a good bite but I'm not sure, no action after that so now I'm headed for perchville.

Thanks RFH!!! Sometimes they do nibble at the offering and other times, you will definitely know they are hungry ;) Thing is to keep at it :) Good luck in perchville!!!

any time man i leave may 10th for my guiding season up north so let me know!!! and btw i was under the impression for the wild garlic its a limit of 50 plants per person per year, and no selling allowed?

I will most definitely let you know! Yes Carl, the 50 bulb limit is what is currently the law and no selling

yep jacque, i just checked on the mnrf website and wild garlic collecting IS legal as long as you dont go over your 50 bulb limit, selling them is a big no no .... great because i went and got my 50 yesterday and they were DELICIOUS!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Collecting is legal on crown or private land but in the Gatineau Hills it's illegal to harvest... Signs are posted everywhere and it's a shame cause I knew a great spot to go to and not that far... Once arrived at the spot you can see the plants as far as the eye can see :)

Beauty fish

Thanks Terrence!!!

Great (if not a little chilly)opener mon ami!

Whats with the skinny fish?

anyhoo....enjoy supper.

Thanks Simon!!! Actually, for better words, was bone chilling out there yesterday :o

I froze my bejesus standing on shore and waiting for the byte :lol: my fault :w00t: didn't have long johns on :lol: Thank god I had a deluxe clam shelter that was gas powered and had a great heater :D:lol:

As for the skinny fish, that was the first fish I had put in the cooler and got squished when I put the other 2 on top of it :lol:

Supper was awesome thanks :)

Edited by TroutJunkie

Awesome day Jacques.Nice specks. Never got into trout fishing,not saying i wouldnt try it someday, just not right nowwhistling.gifw00t.gif

Thanks Paul!!! If you ever decide to take it up and come up this way, give me a hauler.... would be my pleasure to share some shoreline time with you :)

DUDE! paul just told me that you switch your user name!

WHAT THE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy: :worthy:

nice trout buddayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks Kev!!! Yeah I switch name since I've rediscovered my love for trout and truly only targeted them this past year B) figured it was proper and logical to me don't you think?

You guys sure got into some brutes :w00t: I'm pretty sure we weren't to far from each other yesterday ;)

well then we can make it a speck/garlic day and maybe even innitiate mercman into speck fishing :thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like a plan Carl :thumbsup_anim: Let's get a G2G for Grenville with Paul, you and I B)

The specks don't stand a chance :P:lol: and the garlic.... well the more the marrier :canadian::D:lol:

Heck we should get Roy too :thumbsup_anim: That would be the icing on the cake B) What do you say Paul & Roy... ready for a Grenville G2G???