Fishing and Hunting shows

rmarentette

Every time I watch a fishing or hunting show, I get really peeved when they have their disclaimer about this program might not be suitable for all viewers. It rankles me that fishing and hunting are legal activities and it's portrayed like it's anti- social behavior. I stared taking my son fishing when he was two years old and I believe that it made our relationship that much stronger. If more families spent more time hunting and fishing we wouldn't have the problems that we have today. Does this bother anyone else?

Every time I watch a fishing or hunting show, I get really peeved when they have their disclaimer about this program might not be suitable for all viewers. It rankles me that fishing and hunting are legal activities and it's portrayed like it's anti- social behavior. I stared taking my son fishing when he was two years old and I believe that it made our relationship that much stronger. If more families spent more time hunting and fishing we wouldn't have the problems that we have today. Does this bother anyone else?

Gotta protect their ass from P3TA and the tree huggers....

It's all about the lawyers. What happens when Lola Granola sues the network because her child was "traumatized" by the site of blood? The disclaimer helps get them off the hook.

This is just one of the consequences of a limp wristed modern society. Don't want to know about the realities of fending for oneself and can't cope if they tried.

Are you done with the "unsafe workplace" rant? Your party card must be full! :D

If more families spent more time hunting and fishing we wouldn't have the problems that we have today.

I was with you up to that point. I haven't seen any evidence that it will clear up society's problems. I've seen the bumper sticker that say "Kids who fish, hunt, and trap, don't grow up to mug little old ladies", or something like that. No, some of them grow up like Eric Rudolph, who killed 2 people with a bomb at the Atlanta Olympics. Disturbed individuals will find a way to vent their anger if they aren't raised properly, and there are plenty of good people who have never indulged in outdoor activities.

HGTV does the same for Holmes on Homes

I find it funny that a station manager or network manager decides that a disclaimer is required because of the graphic nature of hunting. Meanwhile, this concern for what a child sees or hears DOESN'T extend to prime tv shows like Two And A Half men, etc., with some pretty adult situations and rude dialogue.

I have definitely seen this disclaimer before HUNTING programs. I think the only one we have that is exclusively hunting on global TV is Canada in the Rough and I have seen it before that program. I'm certain its all about CYA with the network...

There are lots of people out there who don't think much of our fishing activity and especially hunting. They just see it as barbaric and think that those of us who participate are mindless neanderthals and not brilliant enlightened individuals like them, sipping lattes at starbucks. This became all the more clear to me recently reading some of the comments on globe articles related to hunting and the gun registry. There are some pretty ignorant people out there. My oberservation is most of the people opposed to our activities are urbanites. I find people from a rurual background, even if they dont hunt and fish at least support the activity for those who do and don't want to see our priviledges taken away. I also believe that hunting and fishing is a great family activity and can bring people closer together which cant be a bad thing. I would rather have my kids in the woods with me or on the water then somewhere I can't keep track of what they are up to or playing video games. I think there is far more harmful content on TV and the internet than hunting and fishing programs.

There are lots of people out there who don't think much of our fishing activity and especially hunting. They just see it as barbaric and think that those of us who participate are mindless neanderthals and not brilliant enlightened individuals like them, sipping lattes at starbucks. This became all the more clear to me recently reading some of the comments on globe articles related to hunting and the gun registry. There are some pretty ignorant people out there. My oberservation is most of the people opposed to our activities are urbanites.

Hey now don't be painting all of us urbanites with the same brush (I live in a city too).

You see more people running around here with guns than I ever saw in Ontario (yes even in the North).

I also like my daily Mochas!!! Though that swill they sell at Starbucks it's hardly worth drinking.

I pull my own shots thankyou very much!!! :tease: :tease: :tease:

P5110052.jpg

257285_227714893921524_100000490442858_938976_6733746_o.jpg

There are lots of people out there who don't think much of our fishing activity and especially hunting. They just see it as barbaric and think that those of us who participate are mindless neanderthals and not brilliant enlightened individuals like them, sipping lattes at starbucks.

Kinda like my sister wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Edited by Richmond Hill fisher

Hey now don't be painting all of us urbanites with the same brush (I live in a city too).

You see more people running around here with guns than I ever saw in Ontario (yes even in the North).

I also like my daily Mochas!!! Though that swill they sell at Starbucks it's hardly worth drinking.

I pull my own shots thankyou very much!!! :tease: :tease: :tease:

P5110052.jpg

Nice machine, I'm jealous... I dont mean to paint all with the same brush, just an observation. Rural folks are more likely to have grown up around a hunting/fishing lifestyle therefore seem more accepting of it. Again just an observation.

Ya. I have a co-worker who asks me every Monday morning... "Did you murder any fish this weekend?"...

Some people just don't get it.

That's why I like the OFC. I don't have to explain my love of the outdoors. The people here get it. I never liked being cooped up indoors and since I retired I found my second ( or could be my third) childhood!

Edited by Rolly

I pull my own shots thankyou very much!!! tease.giftease.giftease.gif

P5110052.jpg

A man with class. I salute you fellow saeco ownerworthy.gif Start my day with 2, seven days a week.blink.gif

A man with class. I salute you fellow saeco ownerworthy.gif Start my day with 2, seven days a week.blink.gif

I even take it with me to Alaska evry fall.

I have it hooked up to a generator and it has a place of honour in my camper. :lol:

Eventually hope to have a Rancilio Silva and a Rancilio Rocky grinder. B)

I even take it with me to Alaska evry fall.

I have it hooked up to a generator and it has a place of honour in my camper. laugh.gif

Eventually hope to have a Rancilio Silva and a Rancilio Rocky grinder. cool.gif

worthy.gif

One can never spend too much on excellent coffee paraphenalia.angel.png