Uniroyals or BFGoodrich ? NF

woodenboater

Back again with another question NF related.

Need to get new tires for the van and looking at either Uniroyal Laredos or BF Goodrich Long Trails. Samo samo or does one have the edge. Have Geolander H/T now (had sidewall blowout on rear) but they're outta stock for who knows how long. Use is campervan, hauling small utility trailer, 85% paved, 15% dirt. Sizing is the problem as 215/75.15 tires are not the flavour any more. Seems everyone is going 17" and up.

thanks again

Freddy

Woodenboater

Dont know how often you cross into the states. I ordered tires through discount tire direct (free shipping) and had them sent to CBI Inc in Niagara Falls New York. Went over and picked them up, paid HST on way back in and all was easy as pie.

For your size the prices were:

Yokohama Geolander H/TS $117.00

BF Goodrich Long Trail $102

Goodyear S/RA $109

If was very worth it for me when replacing the tires on my Durango.

Cheers

Craig

Thanks for the info on that ec, didn't know michelin had a hand in the pie. Went with the Longtrails so it was good to see your thoughts on them. Are you running BF as well ?

Hey craig, don't make it across the border often but not surprised they're cheaper down there.

Thanks again for the help,will ask for more help when I win the big one and need go decide on a new boat ;)

Thanks for the info on that ec, didn't know michelin had a hand in the pie. Went with the Longtrails so it was good to see your thoughts on them. Are you running BF as well ?

Hey craig, don't make it across the border often but not surprised they're cheaper down there.

Thanks again for the help,will ask for more help when I win the big one and need go decide on a new boat ;)

no bfg on my truck, have a love affair with goodyear tires when it comes to all-terrain stuff which is what i run on the z71

used bfg g-force kdw on my car ans they had some serious hook up and cornering ability though.

longtrails are a nice tire you'll like em quiet smoooth comfortable with predictable handling characteristics just rotate on a regular basis should get 100-110 k out of them

Not one of your choices but I am still very impressed (1+ year later) with my Firestone Destination A/Ts. They come in a H/T flavour to. They are quiet for an AT tire but still have a fairly aggressive tread pattern for wandering off the pavement. I use them year round and they were great the past two (non) winters. Michelin tires are good but overpriced IMO.

I have BF Goodrich Rugged Trail on my f150 Crew and they are cracked, :wallbash: Guy at the dealership said they wouldn't past the safety if I traded. May have 20,000 K's on them. 18" $325.00 each. I should go to a tire place and see if they can do something for me. :whistling:

Edited by Fish Farmer

Prior to retiring 2 years ago, my job as agrologist provided me with a company supplied truck that over the course of 1 year, I'd rack up approximately 80,000 km/year. I use to go through a truck every 2 years. The crappy factory tires would usually last for 40,000 km and then need replaced. Over the years, I tried many different brands and models of AT light truck tires (BF Goodrich, Hancook, Uniroyal, Michelin, Bridgestone, General & Goodyear) and the best tire for performance and wear I found was the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S. I put over 120,000 km on every set I had of these and they provided the best performance on and off road.

Edited by Old Man