So You Leaf Fans Accepting Apology?

bushart

Or is it just a PR move till next year??

I'm not in the habit of helping the Leafs---but with their record---it's not even fun to pick on em anymore.

Ever wonder why some teams (and I've seen the Sens do it)---take average goalies and make em look great

DEFENCE!!!

There is adequate goal scoring (possibly short one more vet sniper)---but they need defence that is not just meat on skates---and Burke says yet again---We need to get bigger----They need to get smarter ---defensively in their own end

Even Sheldon Souray was a steal for nothing this season-----veteran presence

Phaneuf is not enough

I hate the Leafs and I just love the state that they're in right now. Brian Burke is a joke and has no clue as to how one is supposed to build a team. Hey Brian, it's up the middle man!!! You ain't going nowhere with wingers as your star players. Look at Jerome Iginla in Calgary, Rick Nash in Columbus,... Without a #1 centre, they're going nowhere fast. The Phil Kessel trade was a TERRIBLE move. Brian Burke inherited a rubix cube when he arrived in Toronto and now he has created one of his own.rofl2.gif

Just got this in an email... figured I'd share.

Sharing is caring after all...

PARTING SHOTS FOR THIS SEASON !!!

What's the difference between the Toronto Maple Leafs and a cigarette vending machine ?

A: The vending machine has Players.

What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and whales have in common?

A: They both get totally confused, when surrounded by ice.

Why are the Toronto Maple Leafs like Canada Post ?

A: They both wear uniforms and don't deliver.

Why doesn't Hamilton have an NHL team ?

A: Because then Toronto would want one!

What do the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Argonauts and the Toronto Blue Jays all have in common besides being based in Toronto ?

A: None of them can play hockey.

What do you call 30 millionaires around a TV watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs ?

A: The Toronto Maple Leafs.

How do you keep the Toronto Maple Leafs out of your yard?

A: Put up a goalie net.

What do you call a Toronto Maple Leaf with a Stanley cup ring ?

A: Very old or a thief.

What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and possums have in common ?

A: Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

How many Toronto Maple Leafs does it take to win a Stanley cup ?

A: Nobody knows ... And we may never find out!!

This guy says to the bartender, "Can my dog and I watch the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game here ? My cable is out, and my dog and I always watch the game together."

The bartender replies, "Normally, dogs wouldn't be allowed in my bar; but, it's not very busy right now, so you and the dog can have a seat at the end of the bar.

But, if there's any trouble with you or the dog, I'll have to ask you to leave."

The guy agrees, and he and his dog start watching the game.

Pretty soon, the Leafs manage to score a goal.

The excited dog jumps up on the bar, barks loudly, does a back flip and runs over to the bartender and gives him a high five.

The bartender says, "Wow, that's pretty cool!What does he do when they win a game?

The guy answers, "No idea, I've only had him for 3 years!"

Thats not going to happen. Besides what would that do to improve things? The only appology I need to hear is Schnieder in Blue and White in the fall, along with drafting one of the two top center prospects, and picking up a centerman in the off season. I don't know who though. The UFA list for center's is weak this year. And we know burke won't pick up any offer sheet rfa's...

Eitherway, its glaringly obvious what the leafs need.

Thats not going to happen. Besides what would that do to improve things? The only appology I need to hear is Schnieder in Blue and White in the fall, along with drafting one of the two top center prospects, and picking up a centerman in the off season. I don't know who though. The UFA list for center's is weak this year. And we know burke won't pick up any offer sheet rfa's...

Eitherway, its glaringly obvious what the leafs need.

You missed one key person needed in TO and that is a very qualified sports psychologist!!!

If they had one on staff this year they may have been able to stop the free fall that happened after the all star break. We know that the team had skills as they showed it in the first half of the season but then they lost their confidence and had a meltdown. The reason they tanked was all in their heads!!!

But that's just my opinion. ;)

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

pretty weak "apology" from burke.

his answer to the "pittsburgh model" question pretty much showed he takes no responsibility for the team not succeeding considering that the #1 critique of burke was building through free agency instead of the draft. he attributes pittsburgh's success to getting crosby, which as the last year has shown, they don't need him to succeed. what an arrogant :asshat: that guy is.

pretty weak "apology" from burke.

his answer to the "pittsburgh model" question pretty much showed he takes no responsibility for the team not succeeding considering that the #1 critique of burke was building through free agency instead of the draft. he attributes pittsburgh's success to getting crosby, which as the last year has shown, they don't need him to succeed. what an arrogant :asshat: that guy is.

You know Doc, as a life long Leaf fan, I have seen a long line of GM's toddle their way through the hallowed halls of Maple Leaf Gardens and on into the ACC. Each had their goals, their "style" and each, at least in my life time, has failed. (I was a 6 when they last won the cup)

I'd be the richest guy in Hog Town, if I could find a real reason as to the continued rate of failure... I presume that the answer lies in a number of reasons vs one.

I the mean time, this Leaf fan hasn't yet decided who to cheer for this spring...

May be Go Jay's Go!!! LOL

HH

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

if everybody won cups it wouldn't be such a big deal to win one. as a fan, all you can do is ask that your team ices a team that is competitive more years than not... hence why burke is a joke.

does anybody else find the notion of a leafs fan chirping me about not winning a cup since '92 comical at best??

no wonder nothing changes in leaf land. obsessed with OTHER teams instead of focusing on the mess that has become of their own team.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Not me,Burke has had some opportunity to do something and chose not to .I don't think another year(5 total) will change that .Having said he made the playoffs 7 straight years before being a leaf ,well that was then and this is now. IMO he needs to go now not later.

On behalf of the Ottawa Thenatorth, I with to ethpreth our deepeth apologeeth to our fanth for another dithappointing theathon...

Leave it to a laff fan to make fun of someones physical appearance and speech! :wallbash:

Then again, watching the Laffs play can cause brain damage, after all, they still cheer for them.

I thought all the laff fans would be gone by now, now that their messiah has been eliminated...again!! :rofl2:

Yes, since you always take the high road blahblah1.giflaugh.gif

And when did I make fun of his appearance?

I only make fun of your Captain's appearance, and his "I hope I don't get carded at the liquor store" playoff beard. rofl2.gif

I have never and never would pick on someones handicap, physical disability, or appearance because of health or other reasons....period!

All joking aside, your comment was wrong!

laff fan!! :dunno:

I also didn't know Burke was the highest paid GM in the league.For the life of me I'm trying to figure out why?I gave him four years of my time watching him tweak this team and IMO he has done very little to nothing!. As a long time leaf fan how much more do we have to endure?.:tease:

obsessed with OTHER teams instead of focusing on the mess that has become of their own team.

I've yet to see a thread started by Leaf fans slagging the senoritas, but several started by señorita fans slagging the Leafs......hmmmm, obsessed much.

Leaf fans see the senoritas as the pimple on our azz, a nuisance.

out in four, yet again..........