Jack's Jackfish and iceout pics.

limeyangler

Hi all,

The ice has all but cleared from the front of the house. On sunday/monday/tuesday we have high winds and rain forecast...that will be the end of it.

The weather has been great here the last 2 days and evenings have been spent with Jack and mum casting from shore, love the early ice out....NO BUGS BITING!

I have been setting up ice out pike rigs with a great big sucker minnow while Jack has been casting his combo rod with a jig and minnow. Jack beat me to it this year landing the first fish from our shore...a respectable 27" pike!

He was reeling in and said to mum...."its stuck on something...i need help", mum grabs the rod to realise right away its not stuck but has a fish on! Mum reeled it in but Jack's superior jigging triggered the bite! WTG SON!

Roloff is slowly getting braver and venturing deeper into the water...but the water would still be a bit cold on the ole nutsack so i dont blame him for not fully taking the plunge yet!

Anyhoo....here is a pic of Jack';s Jack and some iceout/Roloff/random yardfishing pics from yesterday and this evening.

WTG JACK!

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1380-1.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1400-1.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Nice pix, thanx for sharing. I thought U guys ice fished till July? LOL

We used to...lol. But i'm not minding these 3 month winters with only 2 days at -30C....works for me!

Cool you can even ride to your fishing spot. Lol at the lawnmower shot.

LOL...i had to snap a shot of them...they were riding around everywhere all day...too funny.

Isn't it great Simon? Having your little man fishin side by side with you, watchin him grow.

YUP...THE BEST!

Great pics, why isn't jack on this forum yet, he seems to know what he's doing?!clapping.gif

As soon as he can type i'm sure he'll enjoy it on here. He already likes sitting with me looking at the pictures people post.