Notty

Drock6687

Considering driving up to my wife's family cottage in wasaga tomorrow for a couple days of fishing... will the steel head still be in the river with the warm weather we have had or are they gone back to the river and i would be wasting my time driving up there? thanks in advance!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

agreed 12ft'er.

i would hardly think too many wise fisherman like bill would tell you if they were biting anyways... he's more likely to do the opposite! that's what i'd do!

agreed 12ft'er.

i would hardly think too many wise fisherman like bill would tell you if they were biting anyways... he's more likely to do the opposite! that's what i'd do!

If they were biting, I wouldn't be here posting :) It's not too hard to figure out where they are with these warm temps.. I'm not one to give out info, but I'm not going to steer someone the completely wrong way just because I can... That's a bit scuzzy.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

If they were biting, I wouldn't be here posting :) It's not too hard to figure out where they are with these warm temps.. I'm not one to give out info, but I'm not going to steer someone the completely wrong way just because I can... That's a bit scuzzy.

the old 2 week delay on posting reports works alright eh? :whistling:

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

agreed 12ft'er.

Doc Doc ADMITTING to deliberatly missleading people !!!! My MY we leave our morales at the door when it comes to a chance to CATCH a FISH !!! without any Competition ,(some call it campionship)guess you dont have many friends or want to make any new ones . Dude (dude first poster) Steel head run in rivers in the spring ,when they do depends on many things , learn what these conditions are and if they fit the area you are going to , THEY WILL BE THERE >>> With an early spring and little rain in the last while I would think , that is in rivers that hold steel head runs, THERE SHOULD BE some if not many drop backs that have finished an early spawn (early spring )still hanging around the mouths of these rivers .. take it from there ... half the fun is in the finding many no fish days have still been a great time out with friends and family , thats why we call it Fishing not CATCHING >>> B

Edited by capt bruce

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Given the pressure on southern Ontario tribs, up to date reports is foolish at best!

agreed 100%!

i think my fellow northern correspondent tdunn could vouch for the fact that it's getting very bad around here lately as well. the amount of young internet savvy guys on the tribs near here this year has been staggering to say the least. not as bad as the southern tribs yet, but for a 100% wild steelhead population the numbers are scary. hence why i have not posted a report since last spring. if i get a monster of pb i'll post, otherwise, i'll be keeping the hero posts to a minimum from now on. i fear my posts may have already done enough damage and can't emphasize the guilt i feel over them. in my early days on the forum i wanted to gain respect from some of the excellent fishermen on this forum. foolish i know, but i wanted to be accepted into the community. at this point, i'm either respected or disliked and won't try to change either..hahaha

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Doc Doc ADMITTING to deliberatly missleading people !!!!

i don't lead people anymore at all, let alone mislead them.

it took me 10 years of hard leg work with jason hamilton to get the spots i have, and i won't be giving away any more hints as to when what tribs are fishing well.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

i think my fellow northern correspondent tdunn could vouch for the fact that it's getting very bad around here lately as well. the amount of young internet savvy guys on the tribs near here this year has been staggering to say the least. not as bad as the southern tribs yet, but for a 100% wild steelhead population the numbers are scary. hence why i have not posted a report since last spring. if i get a monster of pb i'll post, otherwise, i'll be keeping the hero posts to a minimum from now on. i fear my posts may have already done enough damage and can't emphasize the guilt i feel over them.

Not me?2-4 week buffer maybe,but unlikely now:dunno:.Hard to mention a long river without some criticism.:sarcasm:lol.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

ha. i'm just hoping this awful early, short, and competitive steelhead season will send some of the rubes back to meathunting other species.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i should add, it hasn't been just locals. this weekend, i met 2 guys up here on the trib i was on that were up from sudbury and north bay respectively. what the hell are they coming all the way here for? smaller and less numerous fish? hahaha

i don't lead people anymore at all, let alone mislead them.

it took me 10 years of hard leg work with jason hamilton to get the spots i have, and i won't be giving away any more hints as to when what tribs are fishing well.

NO need to give away spots , but no harm in turning guys on to WHAT MAKES A GOOD SPOT , THE WHEN AND THE WHY and maybe a little of the how .. Thought this is what we are about here , no need for a spot is there if you got these things figured out ??? ,No need to lie is there ..

NO need to give away spots , but no harm in turning guys on to WHAT MAKES A GOOD SPOT , THE WHEN AND THE WHY and maybe a little of the how .. Thought this is what we are about here , no need for a spot is there if you got these things figured out ??? ,No need to lie is there ..

PM's are my newest friend.People you can trust helps a lot.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i've never not been one to help out technique wise. :thumbsup_anim:

agreed 100%!

i think my fellow northern correspondent tdunn could vouch for the fact that it's getting very bad around here lately as well.

Yup....first 2 weeks I was out...nobody.

Now, you catch a fish....you get holed...What can you do....

Its time to put in the extra effort and fish far away from you know where.....

Last week I switched to eyes before the season closed.

I think specks this weekend for me.

Anyways to the OP....fish it....

TDunn