looking at a used , new to me boat.

Muskieman

the way i look at it... a new 16 foot aluminum...bare bones...basically a row boat... with a trailer and a 25hp 2 stroke with no electronics...no seats other then benches...no lights...no bilge...no switches or fuse panel...etc...etc... goes for $6,000 or more...

i personally think this used package is a more valuable boat then the new one i have described above...

just some food for thought...

but hey...as far as your concerned... go as low as you can...

Edited by Musky Mike

I would agree on a price for the boat as is + he fixes the motor with you paying the first $500.00 in repairs. I would suggest both of you be there when you talk to the mechanic so it is repaired completely to both of your satisfaction. I am not sure what the going price of the boat is up there however there are always great deals to be found I purchased a 1989 Ranger with a 150 that was not running right for $2200.oo and put a grand in seats, motor parts and electronics. The end result is as good as new even though it is 23 years old age is not a factor as much as was it cared for.

Art

BUMP!***

Ok , it's coming down to the wire , I need more input on what I should offer without insulting or ripping each other off ... Boat is in awesome shape but the engine needs a little repair ... HELP !

Randy

:)

I guessing Randy is no longer interested as the first post was March 24th....but I wouldn't give a dime over 4k

I'm guessing he is still interested since he bumped it 2 days ago.

I'm going to see him again tomorrow , I will show him these posts , hopefully we can agree on a happy medium . .. I'm willing to take the chance .. I'll probably trade in a repaired 75 Mariner and my 2001 Tracker SGV 14-T w 1998 30hp Evinrude on a 90 or 115 E-Tec ... I hope all goes as planned ... I find that it's a little underpowered with the 75 ..it apparently runs very well but with a little knock. ... Wish me luck !

Thank You !

Randy

I'm going to see him again tomorrow , I will show him these posts , hopefully we can agree on a happy medium . .. I'm willing to take the chance .. I'll probably trade in a repaired 75 Mariner and my 2001 Tracker SGV 14-T w 1998 30hp Evinrude on a 90 or 115 E-Tec ... I hope all goes as planned ... I find that it's a little underpowered with the 75 ..it apparently runs very well but with a little knock. ... Wish me luck !

Thank You !

Randy

If you with stay with Merc you should be able to keep the current controls.

If you have your heart set on the E-TEC, do the research 90 vs 115. The consensus is more bang for the buck + built-in oil reservoir on the 90.

Thank You !

Randy

Depending on what you pay for it and the cost of upgrading to more horses you are probably going to be at this dollar figure, looks just as clean, maybe a little bigger hull, will defintely run over 40 mph and a great looking colour coordinated bimini, kicker is extra. Honestly, I think the 75 will be fine on that boat.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-Must-Sell-W0QQAdIdZ383028874

Depending on what you pay for it and the cost of upgrading to more horses you are probably going to be at this dollar figure, looks just as clean, maybe a little bigger hull, will defintely run over 40 mph and a great looking colour coordinated bimini, kicker is extra. Honestly, I think the 75 will be fine on that boat.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-Must-Sell-W0QQAdIdZ383028874

Too bad it's sold :(

Thank You !

Randy

smile.gif

I paid 6000 for a similar boat; 1988 starcraft mariner 210 cc with a 1988 ninety horse mariner with no riggers. Absolutely love my boat I get 30 mph on gps and the motor runs great.

I like the idea of agreeing on a price and then the two of you going to the mechanic and your paying the first 500 then your friend deducts any more expence from what you agreed to pay for the boat. My 90 is 32 years old and runs fine I was lucky to buy this boat from the original owner and believed him to be upstanding about its condition and care and I didn't have to worry about it going through a bunch of different owners and who knows what.

Offer4500 and you pay 500 towards engind repair, seems like a good deal!

If you with stay with Merc you should be able to keep the current controls.

If you have your heart set on the E-TEC, do the research 90 vs 115. The consensus is more bang for the buck + built-in oil reservoir on the 90.

I have a line on a, I believe, new in crate 115 Yamaha 4 stroke. Not current year.

• 3 months later...

My thought also. How does he know middle bearing, must have had it apart plus what other damage with the NO OIL thing. Plus it's a Mariner, they don't make them anymore.

From my understanding, if the Mariner was made in the USA then it is identical to a Mercury.

If it was made in Japan then it is a different motor; probably made by Yamaha but not necessarily the same as an actual Yamaha brand.