ron wilson is smiling!

Oggie

I'll bet he's laughing now. Carlyle is wondering what he got himself into. Kessel has disappeared since they lost Lupul. Guess we know who carries Kessel. Sad to watch. They even lose the fights. Thank god the steelhead are running.

Dan o.

Burke has always been the problem. This bad for this many years you're at least going to draft some studs and build this way...ooooohh, right...no draft picks. I'm shocked he didn't trade away this year's pick too when the team was doing well. Thinking you're giving up 22nd overall pick but it ends up being 4th overall by the time the season is over.

To be honest I have officially thrown in the towel on the post season. This doesn't mean that I thought this was a total loss of a year. The goaltending situation is clearly a big thing to be worked on. I like what I am seeing so far from the new coach on a defensive side. Kessle is a goal scoring winger that needs help. Not unlike most other goal scoring wingers in the NHL. We still need a top line center, and I think Schenn is going to do well in the new system.

I would think there are going to be some moves in the summer, for what and for who I don't know, but I owul dbe happy to see the leafs lose every game from here on out.

Top 10 draft picks coming up and there are a few names in here that would be nice additions. I woul dlike to see one of these centers picked up. I doubt we can get teh first over all to get yakupov, but I think most of the other places are within reach.

From TSN

1. Nail Yakupov 1 Sarnia (OHL) 10/6/93 RW L 5'11/189 42 31 38 69 +15

2. Mathew Dumba 2 Red Deer (WHL) 7/25/94 D R 5'11/183 66 20 34 54 -4

3. Filip Forsberg 3 Leksands (SWE) 8/13/94 LW R 6'2/181 43 8 9 17 +3

4. Morgan Rielly 4 Moose Jaw (WHL) 3/9/94 D L 6'0/190 18 3 15 18 +6

5. Alex Galchenyuk 5 Sarnia (OHL) 2/12/94 C L 6'1/197 0 0 0 0 0

6. Griffin Reinhart 6 Edmonton (WHL) 1/24/94 D L 6'3/202 55 12 23 35 +23

7. Mikhail Grigorenko 7 Quebec (QMJHL) 5/16/94 C L 6'3/200 57 39 45 84 +36

8. Matt Finn 8 Guelph (OHL) 2/24/94 D L 6'0/195 58 10 36 46 -17

9. Cody Ceci 20 Ottawa (OHL 12/21/93 D R 6'2/207 61 15 41 56 +20

10. Ryan Murray 9 Everett (WHL) 9/27/93 D L 6'0/205 43 9 21 30 +2

Don Cherry is a ego driven bully and lunatic, traits which fit ice hockey perfectly. His point the other night about the Leafs not having even one Ontario guy on the team while most of the competition have several Ontario boys on their teams speaks volumes. The opposition comes into the ACC with several highly motivated players for every game, our players are motivated by $$$ only. Guess which wins out. Also, the Leafs need defense but we trade a promising stay at home defender for a kid that looks truly out of place in big league hockey. I'd say that's a management error, one among many. With all of that said I still think Carlyle is a good coach who has shown his teams can win it all....assuming the talent is there.

I agree... It just feels like every team should have a hometown kid on it to root for.

True story, my girlfriend was pissed at me a couple weeks ago for watching every leaf game. She said "Why don't you root for a good team, the leafs always dissapoint you, they suck". I told her "Look, I am just the kind of guy that finds something he likes and sticks with it....Maybe your right though, maybe I should be the kind of guy that tests the waters out, and if something is quiet right I'll just change my mind and move on." She didn't say anything at the time but ever since then when a game has been on she seems to enjoy when I watch the game and root for the leafs. Last night she said, "Your such a nice honest loyal person, keep rooting for the Leafs"

May be time to address the root problem

The scouting team must need work----when's the last time they drafted anyone that worked well??

Luke Schenn?

Say what you want about the Sens---they've drafted some good uns---can't be all just luck

I'd re-think scouting when your guttin the team

Give it time. Devils coach retires, new coach new system fails after half a year , old coach come back and it still took them weeks before they started winning again. This year is done. Coach players and system should be in sync

Give it time. Devils coach retires, new coach new system fails after half a year , old coach come back and it still took them weeks before they started winning again. This year is done. Coach players and system should be in sync

Four years and still not one top 10,not nothing,for a forward.No goalie no nothing.Sorry guys I'm now starting to see the light.You become blinded when believing the leafs will make it THIS YEAR :whistling: Ron is laughing when now people are seeing another GOOD coach fail with the same team.Maybe we should give them time!:worthy:How much more do you need?:sleeping_02:

Say what you want about the Sens---they've drafted some good uns---can't be all just luck

Yes, the Sens were built starting from good ownership, Melnyk has always done what's best, including a good GM.

Murray is a quiet behind the scenes GM who has tons of experience and has now picked a good coach.

Maclean, although a first year coach, was with Detroit for so long, winning has just got to be in his blood.

The Sens have always(with the exception of 2 seasons) built on the draft and farm team, the seasons they didn't(Kovalev) didn't work and now they are back on track. I'm just thankful they didn't trade away picks like Brian Burke did or things would be different now.

Things are better than expected and look very promising down the road. We have prospects coming out the ying yang and all are being touted as potential game changers, is a good way.

That said, as a HOCKEY fan, I sincerely hope the Toronto Maple Leafs get it back on track so we can see a good, intense rivalry again in the battle of Ontario!

I don't see it happening with an ego driven, can't wear a tie right, my crap don't stink, holier than thou piece of work like Burke!(I never did get good vibes of him)

Edited by muskymatt

Don Cherry is a ego driven bully and lunatic, traits which fit ice hockey perfectly. His point the other night about the Leafs not having even one Ontario guy on the team while most of the competition have several Ontario boys on their teams speaks volumes. The opposition comes into the ACC with several highly motivated players for every game, our players are motivated by $$$ only. Guess which wins out. Also, the Leafs need defense but we trade a promising stay at home defender for a kid that looks truly out of place in big league hockey. I'd say that's a management error, one among many. With all of that said I still think Carlyle is a good coach who has shown his teams can win it all....assuming the talent is there.

Don Cherry is a hockey genius who should be head coach of the leafs. :)

Burke just traded the 2012/13 first round pick for Mike Krushelnyski and a box of day old doughnuts. Turns out they could have just dusted him off and signed him but Burke preferred to trade away the pick so that Krushelnyski would feel like he's worth something. Knowing how much they gave up to get him would make him try harder right? The doughnuts have not been seen again.