Crappie fishing

Billy Bob

They would hang out further up if they don't get caught and kept. They don't get a chance to grow before they get tossed.in a pailand eventually in a pan...

Cheers, Ron...

I read an article few weeks back...Really wish I had bookmarked it. (If someone else read it please PM me)

It was an article about panfish (especially crappies) and their harvesting in general of North America.

The jist of it was that on pressured lakes, up to 30-40% of an entire year class would be removed out of a lake and that there is no way in hell mother nature can reproduce what was taken. And with the imprinted idea of panfish being "the bigger the better to keep", larger fish are truly getting rarer and rarer.

Really sucks to see when spots that used to produce really nice fish consistently are now nurseries for 4-5" crappies.

How would one go about getting on this calling list??

Sorry Nick...to tell anyone about ...er...um...you know...is to suffer the wrath of Uncle Vinny (The Chin) and Cousin Guido...

I can't seem to get on the crappies, but the perch are willing :thumbsup_anim: Found some 44 degree water, and it was full of these guys :clapping:

DSCN0039.jpg

Crappies are next on my hit list. I've tried them twice now with nothing to show, so the third time is a charm, and i have just the spot!

S.

I hear you Sinker..........my last two outing have been about the same as yours except for 3 crappies and LOTS of White Bass too.....Hoping today will be different and I score with some Silver ones.....which are my favorite for the frying pan..

I read an article few weeks back...Really wish I had bookmarked it. (If someone else read it please PM me)

It was an article about panfish (especially crappies) and their harvesting in general of North America.

The jist of it was that on pressured lakes, up to 30-40% of an entire year class would be removed out of a lake and that there is no way in hell mother nature can reproduce what was taken. And with the imprinted idea of panfish being "the bigger the better to keep", larger fish are truly getting rarer and rarer.

Really sucks to see when spots that used to produce really nice fish consistently are now nurseries for 4-5" crappies.

Unfortunately, this happens all the time. More now that we have access to the internet for information. I have definitely seen a nose dive in population since 2 years ago on the lake that I tend to fish for them. There is always a boat or two on every spot that is visible. Those spots usually get cleaned out of most of the spawners. So, the article makes sense.

Unfortunately, this happens all the time. More now that we have access to the internet for information. I have definitely seen a nose dive in population since 2 years ago on the lake that I tend to fish for them. There is always a boat or two on every spot that is visible. Those spots usually get cleaned out of most of the spawners. So, the article makes sense.

That's why I gave up to fish in there since 5 years ago. Used to get very big slap but not anymore.

My friend got a good spot for good size slap but everytime he bring me to this spot, I have to cover my eyes until I arrive this spot and full body search make sure no GPS to mark the spot.

LOL

POST 2.JPG

I caught enough crappies for a fry tonight, but they're still not going at full force yet. Its better every day though, so maybe tomorrow will be the day? :)

I have 12 filleted and in the fridge for dinner tomorrow night. Mission accomplished :thumbsup_anim:

S.