Best Way Carry a 5 HP Outboard into Portage Lakes

Golfisher

Gotta earn your keep! Mike comes up with the great ideas, I follow with all the heavy stuff on my back :) No complaints!

Although next time, I gotta stay hydrated.. I never want those leg cramps again.......ever.

matter of fact you can name them that and that way he won't be in shock when it comes time to fulfill his god given purpose.

"Come here Canoe Dolly! Dolly come here, I've got something for you to carry! :lol:

Hey I'm with you on that. I named my son Brendan which is an old gaelic word meaning "bearer of heavy loads" LOL!

Like my little 4 horse. :)

SubhunterJR.jpg

So when you realize you have no use for that thing up there can you stick it back into that giant action packer and ship it back to me? :) Please? I'd appreciate it, thank you.

This spring I'll be re-acquainting myself with the shield lakes of Ontario, having missed them longingly since moving to Nova Scotia a few years ago. The Chapleau camp where I and my fishing buddy will be staying has a few surrounding lakes where boats are kept, but we have to haul in a small outboard weighing around 45 lb. I've done this before a few times, but it was always a pain in the butt just grabbing and carrying the motor by the handle and the shaft--and I am not getting any younger. There must be a better way to carry the motor through the trails into portage lakes. Any suggestions? Some sort of backpack? A cart? Strapped to a pole carried by two? Hire a Sherpa?

I hadn't been active in the board since moving away, but I've still been lurking around, and will post a report of the trip, which has been made possible in part by Mike and his exhaustive knowledge of fishing camps in ON. That man knows his stuff! :clapping:

Get an 18 yr. old to go with you!thumbsup_anim.gif

We had a 3.5 hp that had the gas tank built right in....an easy carry on the shoulder....any lake with a good trail is not one thats usually worth fishing...It's the ones with a trail a donkey wouldn't travel that produce the best fishing.....

Gotta earn your keep! Mike comes up with the great ideas, I follow with all the heavy stuff on my back :) No complaints!

Although next time, I gotta stay hydrated.. I never want those leg cramps again.......ever.

Was that the same trip you got that hook stuck in your hand?? Sounded like Solo behind the camera :Gonefishing:

Was that the same trip you got that hook stuck in your hand?? Sounded like Solo behind the camera :Gonefishing:

Man you've got a good memory! I totally forgot about that.

Here it is. The video clip is in Bill's response if you scroll down a bit.

Freaking hilarious! :rofl2:

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33378&st=0&p=354389&hl=Back&fromsearch=1entry354389

The killer bush bash trip was this one:

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45979&st=0&p=491425&hl=Chapleau&fromsearch=1entry491425