Wind damage

Beans

Bye Bye birdhouse...A large limb from a dead tree (in the road allowance) came down in the wind and demolished our two-storey birdhouse...I have asked the township several times over the years to take the tree down to no avail (I'm not allowed to)...maybe if I e-mail the pictures to them I might see some action but I won't hold my breath...whistling.gif

Actually, if the limb hadn't hit the birdhouse it would have hit my porch then I would claim damages on my house insurance and let the insurance company sue them...

I would have the Sparrows Union of North America launch a class action suit against the township!!! This is obviously negligence on the part of the township and maybe they will learn to think of others if they lose a 100 billion dollar lawsuit!!! :devil:

dr-evil.jpg

Lots of firewood for next winter Norm :thumbsup_anim: Gust (yes, I spelled that way on purpous) as a side note, the cottage that used to be across the lake from us in now our new bunkie! :thumbsup_anim:

your property taxes are going to go up.... :whistling:

ditto to no one hurt

and "purpous" is spelt "poipuss"

Edited by Twocoda

Tenants were likely a flock of "fly by nights". Too "cheep" to pay for thier logings and really don't give a "hoot" anyway. Just a bunch of "nesters".

Sorry for your loss Norm. I need to go fishin real bad. Come on summer.

If that happened down here FEMA would step in and the occupants would be treated to free room and board for many months to come....some milked it in expensive hotel rooms and then refused to leave after 1 year later....legal action was taken yet the hotel was told not to evict said occupant.... :whistling:...but I think that was for the birds.... :rofl2:

~~~~I'm a thunken we all should gather at Beans for a Birdhouse raisen, like when a farmer looses a barn his friends gather together to him rebuild, So how's next Saturday

ps: Beans supplies the Beer,

Thanks but...no thanks OP...Haven't been in a beer store but once in close to 40 years and that is when Roy paid us a visit...

I sent the pictures to the town council by e-mail with the heading "Look what your damn tree did to my birdhouse" along with copies of the correspondence I have had about the trees the past eight years...

I got a phone call reply stating that it is councils policy not to cut down trees on open road allowances...

I replied that I was not happy with their stand on this matter especially when life and limb (mine) and or property damage could result...Grrrr...mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Thanks but...no thanks OP...Haven't been in a beer store but once in close to 40 years and that is when Roy paid us a visit...

I sent the pictures to the town council by e-mail with the heading "Look what your damn tree did to my birdhouse" along with copies of the correspondence I have had about the trees the past eight years...

I got a phone call reply stating that it is councils policy not to cut down trees on open road allowances...

I replied that I was not happy with their stand on this matter especially when life and limb (mine) and or property damage could result...Grrrr...mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Just grab the saw, problem solved!!! :whistling:

Just grab the saw, problem solved!!! :whistling:

I wish it was that simple...I've already been told that I am not allowed to cut down the trees in the road allowance...property belongs to the county and I would be trespassing...my neighbor on the other side of the road found out the hard way...wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Beans, ask them if you can get permission to clean up any wind falls for fire wood. I know when we lived up in French River we weren't allowd to cut trees on crown land but we could get permission to clean up wind falls. (There might have been the odd time we helped the wind a little when no one was looking if you get what I mean) :whistling:

I'm sure me and a couple of boys with chain saws could clean up anything that was "already down or leaning badly" and haul it over to your wood pile.

Beans, ask them if you can get permission to clean up any wind falls for fire wood. I know when we lived up in French River we weren't allowd to cut trees on crown land but we could get permission to clean up wind falls. (There might have been the odd time we helped the wind a little when no one was looking if you get what I mean) :whistling:

I'm sure me and a couple of boys with chain saws could clean up anything that was "already down or leaning badly" and haul it over to your wood pile.

Meely and Co. did a good job of cutting up and hauling away most wind falls last year...and the one that (in my opinion) that is leaning badly is the first one that I addressed 8 years ago...Their reply was that they could not justify cutting down a perfectly healthy 30 year old birch tree...wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Unfortuately the council's stand is that it is cheaper in the long run to repair any damage the trees cause than to prevent it from happening...

I HEAR THAT TREES DON'T LIKE COPPER NAILS..JUST HEARD THISwhistling.gif

I've heard this also...but I am still not allowed to go on their property to cut down a tree, dead or alive...rolleyes.gif