New member Intro

whiskywizard

Hello folks,

I should introduce myself...

I recently moved onto Sturgeon Lake (the southern Ontario one). I have been a hobby nagler for years, fished when on vacation, and a few bass tourneys. Now that I live on the lake I will be getting more serious about it.

I enjoy fishing for just about any species, but I think walleye and smallies are my favourite, followed by perch.

My wife and I have started exploring Sturgeon's hard waters by ATV, and I'm anxiously awaiting ice-out so I can get the boat in the water.

This past weekend we had the pleasure of meeting Big Cliff and Pikeslayer. Nice guys; they welcomed us to the area and offered up some good advice to help keep us safe on the quads. Thanks guys!

Cliff and Simon seemed like normal, decent guys, so I'm gonna assume this means pics of the fish we catch... wink.gifbiggrin.gif

(thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to a face-to-face handshake)

If all goes well, and plans stay the same, i may be up that way in Sept this yeargood.gif with a couple of other membersclapping.gif

Cliff and Simon seemed like normal, decent guys,

:tease: Fooled Ya :ninja:

With your handle, you'll fit right in. Welcome aboard Whiskey :thumbsup_anim:

BTW, sorry to tell you that there's no fish in Sturgeon. Zero, nada, zippo. Nice sunsets though. We were just drilling through the ice to harvest some greens to go with the frozen fish dinner.

Edited by pikeslayer

Well a very big welcome (again) to the area and to OFC. It was a real pleasure to meet you both this weekend. If you have any questions or need help with anything, don't hesitate to give me a call, land line 705-328-0577, cell 705-928-8899, email [email protected] Street address 313 Snug Harbour Rd.

You may find this site better than Goggle for finding answers to many questions be it repairing your appliances, to computer problems, well, you name it we probably have someone on here that can and will help you!

Drop by any time!

Cliff, Sue, and the guard dog Mandy!

Thanks everybody. Very gracious bunch here!

I love; single malt Scotch whisky.

Ya but too much will make your ears stick out, your hair stand up, and cause your eyes to bulge comicallywhistling.gifw00t.gif

Oh, ....and wipe that silly grin off yer face tooangel.png

Edited by mercman

Highland or lowland?

They're all good. And everybody knows that good whisky cures all illnesses.

Of the Highlands, hard to pick a favourite. Highland Park is one. Also Glen Rothes.

Of the Islays, my favourite might be Laphroiag. Maybe Ardbeg 21 year old. Or maybe Bunnahabhain.

Of the Lowlands, it's definitely Rosebank.

I can't be the only guy here who like whisky, can I?

Welcome aboard ... and no you are definitely not the only one .. in fact I am savouring my "daily medication" even as I type this .... Bell's is my 5 O'clock special nothing fancy but does the trick ... and I will confess that I do have a particular fondness of The Glen Livet ... especially once it is at least old enough to vote :)

Edited by camillj

well i live on sturgeon lake just up from big cliff,so if you want we can hook up when the softwater comes and i can show you around the lake !!!! just send me a pm,i am at work right now,but we can chat some more ...guess we are niegbours now !!! lol..lol thumbsup_anim.gifclapping.gifGonefishing.gif

Yes - neighbours. We're South of you and Cliff, about 2.2NM south of Cliff's dock.

Watch for the boat with the newly applied name on it - The Nagler wink.gif