Fishing 'Pepe Le Pew' style.

limeyangler

Hi All.

Well I've broken a couple of PBs this year, most skunks, most consecutive skunks, smallest in species, least amount of fish in a season....lol.....unfreekinbelievable!

In my defence I have been without a sled for over a month which limits where I can go, even with that factored in I should have at least had a couple, but nope....SKUNK AFTER SKUNK.

I went to the ice shack a couple of times last week and had lunch with Jack while wetting a line, I even went back both days for the evening bite with no luck.

COMPANY AND LUNCH WERE GOOD THOUGH

IMG_5995.jpg

These trips to the ice shack were preceded by 3 journeys by truck onto the ice to various spots near my house that will 'usually' at least produce one or two small keepers.......but nothing.

On Sunday I decided to drive out on Osbourne Bay on Eagle lake....was able to drive to a spot I do pretty wellon in the fall....but nope....SKUNKED again!

So I was really excited to get out yesterday and get into some decent lakers at a lake that is packed full of them...a bit of a trek in on the snowmobile...but Cliff's two up was more than sufficient.

The weather was Stunning...blue skies, temp rising to a balmy -3C, hardly any wind. We drilled our holes.......................

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vZkDJh-PPpU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

</iframe>

And we fished from 9am until 3pm....drilled over 40 holes in 4 different locations and for all our efforts this is all we got.......................

MY PB SMALLEST LAKER

IMG_6007.jpg

We decided we should pack up and hit the main part of Eagle Lake on the way home...at least turn up with some fish when we faced our loved ones.

We almost never even managed that because when we arrived the auger had lost its cap and all the gas had emptied out.

Cliff unclamped the fuel line on the sled, fired it up as I held the fuel line in the auger tank...lol...worked, we got some holes drilled.

I lost a monster fish straight off the bat, and had three missed bites after that. Cliff got one missed bite too. But no fish made it up the hole.

NICE SUNSET THOUGH

IMG_6008.jpg

So....although I have the pleasure of having all this wonderful nature right at my doorstep. Some pretty awesome friends and company who share my passion for the outdoors, a long suffering wife who has never said I could not go fishing......I am not satisfied....lol...I NEED TO START CATCHING FISH AGAIN!

Should get my sled back next week..... :good:B):D

UPDATE

^^^^^^^^^^^ Well i wrote about getting my sled back this week...hah,,,its as good as dead. Complete crank rebuild and pistons....looking at around $1800 on a sled worth maybe that.

I did just talk to a guy about a new engine...he has mine for $500....might go that route...might just have to go without a sled for now, money is tight these days and the sled is a luxury, although given wehere we live it is 'almost' a necessity.

Edited by limeyangler

Hahahahaaaa the pink gloves thumbsup_anim.gif

We keep talking about what a bizarre winter it's been down here....and Limey NOT catching fish is just another strange and unexplainable phenomenon.

At least you are keeping the right attitude...I know that will never change ;) Keep at it....I know you'll start pulling some of those beauty lakers up!

look on the brightside Simon....its valentimes day today and maybe youll get "lucky" and "hit" your "personal best" tonight.... :whistling:

Disclaimer- no fishing is involved in my last statement :angel: after all...Pepe loved his pooosey cat :thumbsup_anim:

That is post of the year! clapping.gif

Limey, it's been tough fishing my way as well. I've had a few skunks too.

In fact, I'm heading back to sawbill where the fish are actually co-operating, lol.

Maybe we should get together for a beer some night Simon. I've been pretty much living in Dryden since November. No time for me to fish of course, and barely any time for a beer, but I can squeeze some time in for you Bud. Let me know.

Who needs a sled to go fishing anyway :sarcasm::whistling:

Guess you'll be using the shack a lot more now eh Simon... don't you have lakes that you can drive to close by? I'm sure you had mention some from your previous reports.

Don't despair and keep at it... just a matter of time before you figure them out get into them :good:

Jacques

look on the brightside Simon....its valentimes day today and maybe youll get "lucky" and "hit" your "personal best" tonight.... :whistling:

Disclaimer- no fishing is involved in my last statement :angel: after all...Pepe loved his pooosey cat :thumbsup_anim:

BAAAHAHAHA

PS, I just took 'the cat out' :whistling: