Best/cheapest online retailers?

jat

Tacklewarehouse, landbigfish.

I use those, their in the states but shipping is cheap.

Most my stuff is purchased from local retailers, but you can't help but order when tw has 20 percent off, paired with a 10 percent off gift card.

Edited by danbob

There are sponsors here so it would be less appropriate to mention other on line fishing tackle store. Without these sponsors, this website will hardly exist.

Try Kijiji or craig list diligently everyday if you really want deals, since some are willing to give away their used or new unused stuff below cost.

Good deals get sold really fast, someone sold a slightly used Raven Centerpin reel and Rod for $100 last week and it was gone in just few hours. Some people do win the lottery I guess.

looking for lures (specific color and size )

I kinda figured that...

I meant are you looking for salmon...walleye...musky...carp...bass...perch...crappie...catfish...trout...?

There are good shops for specific species...

If we know more specifically what your looking for you'll get better answers...

Alot of Ebay/online only guys are so cheap because they are selling it out of their basements with no overhead like rent, staff, heat, hydro,insurance,etc...not always a fair playing field for the bricks and mortar type shops and alot of manufacturers are now getting selective with what onliners they deal with. That being said it is the new reality and there are plenty of excellent online shops like eTackle.

I think a lot of these Ebay sellers make more on the shipping and handling than they do for the actual product.Some of the quotes I have had are simply ludicrous for S&H.

vance

I BELIEVE...

thats a trick so the seller gets more of the money... and a lower ebay fee...

like if i want 100 dollars for a fishing rod... i sell it to you for 5 dollars and charge you 95 for shipping... so my ebay fee is based on the 5 dollar sale...

I think a lot of these Ebay sellers make more on the shipping and handling than they do for the actual product.Some of the quotes I have had are simply ludicrous for S&H.

vance

That's because some use the brown truck and others will use US Postal. Last item I had shipped was pegged at $81 + tax with Mr Brown, Us Postal sent it for $9.00, yes, nine dollars.

That's because some use the brown truck and others will use US Postal. Last item I had shipped was pegged at $81 + tax with Mr Brown, Us Postal sent it for $9.00, yes, nine dollars.

Let's not even mention the brokerage UPS likes to bend you over for.. I never get stuff shipped here via UPS, always USPS.

Edited by BillM

I ship UPS from TW, i just get charged the taxes. Theirs certain methods from UPS that will not rape you with brokerage charges. But 90% of their services will. I bought a used reel from the states. 180, the guy from bbc shipped it UPS reg when i asked for USPS, i got charged 50 dollars :wallbash: , next day bought a new reel from a member @ bbc, 300, he shipped USPS Regular, NO taxes or duties. What a joke. The new reel was worth double and got by no problem

Edited by danbob

I just happened to do some price comparisons on tackle wharehouse yesterday and was shocked to see that all their abu rods and reels were either the same price or more but never less than what I sold them for in my store. So other than the diffence between their shipping charge and our tax there was zero savings or you paid more. And other stores in southern On. sold at the same price points as me so unless they have a big broad sale on I dont see a deal there at all. This pricing comparison likely applies to many other lines as well.

I just happened to do some price comparisons on tackle wharehouse yesterday and was shocked to see that all their abu rods and reels were either the same price or more but never less than what I sold them for in my store. So other than the diffence between their shipping charge and our tax there was zero savings or you paid more. And other stores in southern On. sold at the same price points as me so unless they have a big broad sale on I dont see a deal there at all. This pricing comparison likely applies to many other lines as well.

Abu and Daiwa stuff yes, Canadian retailers seem to be cheaper, maybe cause of the dollar a few months ago? I paid 670 shipped for two G Loomis NRX. Plus 80 on taxes. Those same models would of costed me 1073 here. Hardly comparable. Years ago it was better, pricing is similar, thats why i wait for the days that have 20-30% off which is quarterly, plus they have a huge selection

Edited by danbob

When buying in Canada I also use etackle. Phil's great to deal with.

For US purchases, I always have my stuff shipped UPS. Here's why, because I live relatively close to the border I get things shipped UPS - hold for pickup. When it lands at the UPS depot in Niagara Falls, NY they call me and I have a week to go pick it up. So, Chili's for supper and a 2 minute stop at UPS I've got my stuff. I always declare the value and have yet to pay the taxes...plus no brokerage. Works great for me.