Blurring out backgrounds

Mike Pike

Cause 50 of his newest friends will be there the next day. You ever wonder why a steelhead report has 20 replies and 800 views? Way to many people use this site for nothing more then information gathering. They don't add to our community and are just using it to benefit themselves.

i agree with that. but thats because this site isnt private. it should be viewable by members only.

anybody could search Steelhead Report on Google and the very first link is a direct post on OFC

i bet most of the views are non registered lurkers. i know a few personally who love to read, but will not register

i agree with that. but thats because this site isnt private. it should be viewable by members only.

anybody could search Steelhead Report on Google and the very first link is a direct post on OFC

i bet most of the views are non registered lurkers. i know a few personally who love to read, but will not register

Lots of angling forums require registration in order to view the "reports" section. But this forum doesn't have a clear-cut reports section.

All that aside, this thread is hilarious =D

I have found a better way. When using this technique nobody will know where I am, or who I am, or what im fishing for.

IMG_0367-1.jpg

I think that's Port Maitland, and that fish, I've caught that Sheephead Before :D

you went to too much trouble....i didnt have to modify the background at all....but i did put Mikey in front of the street sign names...

FishinginPortElgin.jpg

Another secret spot blown, I stop there every time I go fishing. But I swear I've seen that corner in Hamilton, some nice ladies hang out there :rofl2::rofl2:

And Mike Pike I'll share my spots with you, but most of the times I go home with being told you should have been here yesterday. Boy I hate the guy that said that's why it's called fishing not catching :D

Edited by Fish Farmer

Or for the DSLR users, shooting at telephoto range or using a fast lens F/2.8 or faster will produce some very nice, creamy bokeh that will blur out the background for you :D

Imagine wading crotch deep across a fast flowing river carrying a Leica M9 & 50mm F/0.95 Leica Noctilux in hand :thumbsup_anim:

I'm of two minds about it. I can understand why some are reluctant to take the chance on a good spot getting swamped, but it's also amusing to see someone swirl out a background which you can plainly see is nothing but trees, no buildings or bridges mixed in. C'mon, has anyone got the time to cruise every shoreline in the province before fall looking for exactly the right trees? :blink:

I'm of two minds about it. I can understand why some are reluctant to take the chance on a good spot getting swamped, but it's also amusing to see someone swirl out a background which you can plainly see is nothing but trees, no buildings or bridges mixed in. C'mon, has anyone got the time to cruise every shoreline in the province before fall looking for exactly the right trees? :blink:

Lew showed me a musky pic and I knew right away where he had caught the fish because of a tree line on an Island...

It's not the general public...

It's the guys that know the area of the pic but maybe not the specific run...

I've found spots from careless pictures before... And givin a chance I'll do it again...

Imagine wading crotch deep across a fast flowing river carrying a Leica M9 & 50mm F/0.95 Leica Noctilux in hand :thumbsup_anim:

lol. the Leica user/collector/fondler would be cradling a bamboo rod, wearing Filson (hey they do make nice stuff) and lamenting the demise of Skinners (which btw was a great shop when Jimmy was working there...) and most likely never actually wetting the line. ever

and this coming from a Leica guy ;)

Long ago I found it was OK to show and even tell where I caught the fish in the pictures because I know you Canadians can't catch any fish anyways....LOL... :rofl2:

Billy, I can honestly tell you that we wouldn't have caught these if our buddy's down south hadn't gave us a few tips. The picture below is from Big Gull. I'm sad to say 2 of my buds in the picture are not with us any more, but every year we have a toast to remember their passing. Every time I look at this picture it brings a tear. Rest in peace my brothers.

1000714jh.jpg

Billy, I can honestly tell you that we wouldn't have caught these if our buddy's down south hadn't gave us a few tips. The picture below is from Big Gull. I'm sad to say 2 of my buds in the picture are not with us any more, but every year we have a toast to remember their passing. Every time I look at this picture it brings a tear. Rest in peace my brothers.

1000714jh.jpg

SORRY to hear this Farm Report....