Giving Back to Community

shoemaker

Well, I'm all for the idea and I would be willing to take care of the distribution/collection for the Kawarthas area.

As far as where the money should go; This will be our 8th year supporting the Fishing For Tyler event. The money we would raise from the T-shirt venture isn't likely going to make much of a dent in any of the hatchery programs but could make a significant contribution to one little boy who really does need our continued help and support.

For those that don't know, Tyler doesn't get much help from our goverment programs if any at all. Every year the bit of money we manage to raise to help the French family get Tyler the treatments he needs gets put to very good use. For those that have been involved over the years and seen the wonderful progress Tyler has made the reward is ever present and carried well within our hearts.

Kudos to you for stepping up to the plate and trying to do something to make a difference! I'd really like to meet you some day and buy you a cold (or hot) one whatever your choice might be.

Just wondered where this whole project is at? Anything being done or has it just been dropped!

I contacted Roy yesterday and this morning i received the admins blessing so we can proceed with this project.

First, we need to determine which charity the money should go to? I am fine with a hatchery or Tyler's event. Someone previously posted that the money going to a hatchery will not really make a significant difference and would provide a better impact if it was going to Tyler's event. I agree with this and my vote is for Tyler's event.....hope everyone is OK with this.

Second, can someone do the administration of collecting the money and logistics of disbursing the shirts....i am terrible at this. I think this person should be an admin or someone whom has belong on this board for a long time and well known in the forum. There are a few that has volunteered, any comments or thoughts or suggestions as whom should take on this part?

Third, timing....if we agreed its going to the Tyler's Event....we need to move fast in getting the money and shirt sizes. I need to order, print, and disburse these items and require a few days to complete this.

Fourth, art....what would you like to see printed on the shirts? If i can get some suggestions i can do up some layouts/options and narrow down the choices. I presume we want to keep this simple on a basic white short sleeved shirts. I suggest we use Hanes or Gildan 100% cotton, both are decent quality and good value. I will disclose my net cost and recoup this cost only, I will provide my invoice to the person in charge of money. OFC can have the charity receipt for tax purposes....i don't really know how this works.

I too would like to get this going and with some help and support, lets do what we can.

Any feedback, comments or suggestions are welcomed but timing is of essence.

Shoemaker, get in touch with Elisa French at the email address that I gave you and if she agrees to this, she will get you the logo for the shirts. Elisa will probably be in a better position to tell you how many shirts you need etc.

If the money is going to Tyler, you can count me in for 3 shirts minimum. Graphics; I would suggest.

Ontairo Fishing Community

Fishing For Tyler

But you can count me in for whatever for a minimum of three.

Now, if anyone in the Kawarthas wants to get involved I would suggest Earnie at The Shop would be an ideal place to drop of funds and collect shirts. He is a long time OFCr, in a good location, and a true die hard fisherman. Sorry Earnie I did this without your permission! Apart from that, I would be most willing to step up and do it.

Well, I'm all for the idea and I would be willing to take care of the distribution/collection for the Kawarthas area.

As far as where the money should go; This will be our 8th year supporting the Fishing For Tyler event. The money we would raise from the T-shirt venture isn't likely going to make much of a dent in any of the hatchery programs but could make a significant contribution to one little boy who really does need our continued help and support.

For those that don't know, Tyler doesn't get much help from our goverment programs if any at all. Every year the bit of money we manage to raise to help the French family get Tyler the treatments he needs gets put to very good use. For those that have been involved over the years and seen the wonderful progress Tyler has made the reward is ever present and carried well within our hearts.

Kudos to you for stepping up to the plate and trying to do something to make a difference! I'd really like to meet you some day and buy you a cold (or hot) one whatever your choice might be.

Not to Hijack the T-shirt thread ... but I just wanted to declare ...I would pay AT LEAST DOUBLE face value for good leafs tickets should any kind donor put them up for auction as a TYLER fund raiser offering ... auction or whatever :)

I'm in for a 1 shirt as long as they're not WHITE!

Make them black, or brown, and dark blue, green, whatever, just not white. I never wear white shirts fishing :Gonefishing:

Maybe a logo like..

OFC..

The facebook of fishing!

Edited by N.A.W

I agree with Cliff after hearing it stated that way. The money raised most likely wouldn't really effect the fisheries that much. That being said I know how much of a pain in the A$$ our government is with helping the people that really need it whether it be helping with meds or housing whatever. I think it would be great to see the money help the family out and Tyler, specially as we have been helping for awhile as it seems. I will be in for a couple shirts as well. Another thing I agree with is the colour thing. We should do a few colours because I as well I am not fond of white shirts as I tebd to always get a stain on them.

I contacted Elisa about the t-shirts and she is very excited and will help organize the process. We will work out a few details and I will let everyone know how it will play out next day or two. She has a friend that does photography and will provide the artwork to us. Its good to see everyone's support...you don't know me and I don't know you.....makes it even more exciting for me.

Talk is cheap so pony up everyone. I just did a quick tally and below are those who has committed, if i made an error or missed someone....pls let me know. The numbers next to your handle is what you requested. Next minor detail is sizing, please let me know your sizing. The shirts are pre-shrunk 100% cotton, no need to up-size...sizes from sm - 5xl. As for colour, you have about 60 colours to choose from....i suggest we go with 1 colour so make your selection and majority wins, lets keep it simple. I need everyone's input and money (to be determined where to be sent) by Monday February 20. This only gives me a few days to place the order, screen it, and get it to a destined local by 23 or 24 very latest.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know.

Name Units

N.A.W 1

spinnerbaitking 1

jds63 1

Nipfisher 1

mercman 1

tb4me 1

johnnyb 1

Rod Caster 1

Locnar 1

ccmt 1

bigugli 1

Mike P. 1

Live2fish85 2

Skipper "D" 1

Big Cliff 3

radar 1

Terry F 1

Total 20

I contacted Elisa about the t-shirts and she is very excited and will help organize the process. We will work out a few details and I will let everyone know how it will play out next day or two. She has a friend that does photography and will provide the artwork to us. Its good to see everyone's support...you don't know me and I don't know you.....makes it even more exciting for me.

Talk is cheap so pony up everyone. I just did a quick tally and below are those who has committed, if i made an error or missed someone....pls let me know. The numbers next to your handle is what you requested. Next minor detail is sizing, please let me know your sizing. The shirts are pre-shrunk 100% cotton, no need to up-size...sizes from sm - 5xl. As for colour, you have about 60 colours to choose from....i suggest we go with 1 colour so make your selection and majority wins, lets keep it simple. I need everyone's input and money (to be determined where to be sent) by Monday February 20. This only gives me a few days to place the order, screen it, and get it to a destined local by 23 or 24 very latest.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know.

Name Units

N.A.W 1

spinnerbaitking 1

jds63 1

Nipfisher 1

mercman 1

tb4me 1

johnnyb 1

Rod Caster 1

Locnar 1

ccmt 1

bigugli 1

Mike P. 1

Live2fish85 2

Skipper "D" 1

Big Cliff 3

radar 1

Terry F 1

Total 20

Jen - 5 shirts - Black preferrably 3 xl and 2 large - Where do I send the money to, I need a name and an address to post it to!

Edited by Roy

Our School Hatchery Program is about $1000.00 for one set up, Any money donated would go a long way to help out & you would get Promoted on My Blog as well We are hoping to expand next fall by 7 to a maximum of 10 for now, check out the Blog & I'll take 2 - XL not White also

Thanx & Tight Lines SpinnerbaitkingGonefishing.gif

http://lhfcschoolhat...s.blogspot.com/

Edited by spinnerbaitking

How about this: one person to collect the orders (sizes, how many, shipping address, email address/phone number). That "broker" would also receive the funds through their paypal account (or cheque) and that "broker" would then forward the printing fees to Shoemaker. The $6 charity money would also be forwarded to Fishing for Tyler by the "broker". Shoemaker would ship all the shirts in one lot to the "broker".

Anyone placing an order would let the broker know where they want the shirts shipped; the buyer would have to pay extra for shipping. Buyers can also purchases for multiple people. For example, Nipfisher could place an order for 10 people in North Bay. Those people would then pick up the shirts at their leisure/availability by making plans with Nipfisher.

I figure a single shirt would cost $4 regular post to ship. So if the shirts cost $14: $4 goes to printing, $4 goes to shipping and $6 goes to charity. If the "broker" makes a bit of extra cash, because there are a lot of multiple orders they can just add that to the charity purse.

What do you guys/girls think?

Cheapest Canpost parcel rate is $8.40

Thanks for checking, Bruce. It may be possible to get a single shirt as a "small package". But that also costs over $5. So yes, shipping costs would be higher than $4. Idealy, our "broker" would live near Shoemaker which would further reduce shipping costs and simplfiy the logistics.