Pizza Toppings

ld17

It's not so much what you order on the pie but more who made the pie....

We have a Pizza place that has been in business for almost 50 years now....most don't make 5 years.....Dennis knows how to make a pizza with GOOD FRESH ingredients...he price is up there but he never skimps on cheese or anything else you order on it.....in over 40 years going there I had to bad 2 bad pizza's because they were burn't....took them back and said "Dennis it's burn't on the bottom".....he never even opened the box to check....threw in the garbage and gave me a ready one off the oven and a 2 litre bottle of pop for my trouble....his shop is very small...holds only two small tables and he has never delivered in all the years he has been open...don't have to...they waiting in line to get his pizza....and his subs, especially his Italian sausage sub is to die for....damn....now I'm hungry.

Several local and national chain pizza places open close by him over the years....EVERYONE closed because he's the best and can't be beat.

It's not so much what you order on the pie but more who made the pie....

We have a Pizza place that has been in business for almost 50 years now....most don't make 5 years.....Dennis knows how to make a pizza with GOOD FRESH ingredients...he price is up there but he never skimps on cheese or anything else you order on it.....in over 40 years going there I had to bad 2 bad pizza's because they were burn't....took them back and said "Dennis it's burn't on the bottom".....he never even opened the box to check....threw in the garbage and gave me a ready one off the oven and a 2 litre bottle of pop for my trouble....his shop is very small...holds only two small tables and he has never delivered in all the years he has been open...don't have to...they waiting in line to get his pizza....and his subs, especially his Italian sausage sub is to die for....damn....now I'm hungry.

Several local and national chain pizza places open close by him over the years....EVERYONE closed because he's the best and can't be beat.

Sounds like Old Port Pizza in Port Rowan. Unfortunately he had to close

Sounds like Old Port Pizza in Port Rowan. Unfortunately he had to close

Casillo's we fear wouldn't be far behind....he's getting old and sick....been closed a few times while he was in the hospital....

It was his mother's business he took over......the sauce and dough is made behind closed doors and the young girls then do the rest over a watchful eye by Dennis....but now he's sitting in a chair whenever you go in there and uses a cane to get around....he's a great guy to boot....always helping out our fire department when called on to supply pizza and wings at a cost you know he's losing money on the huge order....when my son played in the high school band I approached him to purchase a $25 add in the program paper the school was putting together...he reached into his pocket and gave me $50 and said don't worry about the add but take this for the kids.

Whenever we make pizza at home, my super special secret ingredient in the sauce is a couple of anchovy fillets cut up and mashed into it, it gives the sauce a 'I don't know what that is but it tastes good' flavour. Then, homemade Italian sausage, hot Calabrese salami, red peppers, mushrooms and some onions. Super Deeee-lish!!

Oh yeah, the sauce and crust are the two most important things on the pizza because everything is added to them. For delivery, you can't beat Mamma's Pizza and Pizza Nova, they serve the highest quality for all of the franchises out there. They both have great sauce and great crusts.

julyaug2011182.jpg

These guys are from scratch. I prefer mushroom/pepperoni/black olive.

BUT.....

I will basically eat, and enjoy, any pizza.

Even puddaha pizza gets made around here once in a while thumbsup_anim.gif

Some sort of hot sauce is the only must have for me

They look VERY GOOD.... :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Billy Bob!

Oh, if you were a little closer to me I'd make you a few today tongue.gif

Happy b-day!!!

THANKS....I'll take a pie over a cake any day.... :thumbsup_anim:

We sometimes buy a all cheese pizza from Sam's Club...$6.88....and then put on our own GOOD pepperoni, onions, green olives, mushrooms and sometimes red pepper...much better then most Pizza Places around here...that's what your home made pizza reminded me of.... :)

hahaha, right on!

We have a big family, so we have done the same thing plenty of times. They turn out great too!

I really have to be in the mood to make these pizza's, just the crust takes alot of work. Takes a good two hours from start to finish.

And believe me, it took about 20 tries to get a perfect to us, crust.

Anyone needs a recipe, I'd be glad to hand it down