Portable ice shelters

Eazy

On a recent outing, which included some nasty elements,such as rain and wind,(yeup....rain in January!), my partner brought along his portable ice-shelter which pretty much saved the day.

That being said, I've decided to make it a priority to purchase one of these shelters, but have noticed that the market is flooded with options when it comes to these.....Id be looking for something that when folded down would fit into a med otter sleigh....

Any suggestions?

I got a 4 man Sub Zero for Christmas a couple of years ago and I love it. Sets up in about 2 minutes, folds down into a handy carrying bag, weighs 23 lbs. Very comfortable for two guys, gear and a heater, a little crowded with 3 guys, 4 guys and you would want to be really good friends and store your gear outside. I think it was on special at CTC for under $300.00.

I have a Clam Base camp. 3 man, 6'-6" tall. Good quality, roomy, easy set up. Fits in small Otter sled, along with power auger and other gear. I think I paid under $200. At Sail. Its A hub style tent, so it pops up , and down, easily.

On a recent outing, which included some nasty elements,such as rain and wind,(yeup....rain in January!), my partner brought along his portable ice-shelter which pretty much saved the day.

That being said, I've decided to make it a priority to purchase one of these shelters, but have noticed that the market is flooded with options when it comes to these.....Id be looking for something that when folded down would fit into a med otter sleigh....

Any suggestions?

I love my clam, single person flip up insulated top, comfortable chair, all day fishing. I don't have sled and I can easily drag this thinkg all over the lake. I sold 2 ht 2 pearson hut I loved the room but it severly limited the distance I could fish. Insulated top is the only wat to go. The less space you have the less you carry. It's a little tight after 8 hrs of fishing though. definatly recomend you look at these.