Tim Hortons Cups

Twocoda

Skippy, actually they did this not too long ago on one of our local TV news channels.....the younguns didn't have a clue.... :whistling:

Lets every one let them try to answer it , Twocoda am sorry i realized after i did it that i may have hyjacked your thread .....Sorry .

Lets every one let them try to answer it , Twocoda am sorry i realized after i did it that i may have hyjacked your thread .....Sorry .

no worries Skip....a thread is a thread no matter where it goes...as long as ya have some fun along the way ....post away ....doesnt hurt my feelings at all...(the thread was started to put a smile on someones face)

I make way better coffee at home in my black and decker kitchen professional coffee maker than Tim's and with McD's is too close to call to be honest. So when I go fishing I buy an McD XL for whoever is along, with a muffin to have a quick breakfast as we race to the spot. Which btw is still cheaper per person than a large at Timmies.

That said after work today I realized I had not had my usual 3 cups of java so I broke down and bought the new XL at Timmies. Same sub par coffee just more of it LOL. Since they changed roasters from Mother Parkers to do it themselves, they have been living off their name and the habits of people who have trained their cars to go through that drive thru. (just to give you an idea what I mean I used to deliver to a coffee franchise that had a drive thru on my bread route, I got hit 4 times in that parking lot carrying in the order ALL by people who nodded for me to go ahead then they would look down for change or zone out and bump me with the car as I was walking by. Anyone who doesn't believe zombies exist never took the walk of death through that parking lot LOL)

As for who can drink 24ozs of coffee, I swithced from a 12 cup brewer to an 8 cup at home to cut down on my consumption on the days I don't work in the morning.... So one XL is nothing LOL.

Heres DIFFERENT TWIST TO THIS THREAD , i asked a young person not all that long ag if they could tell me if they knew what Tim Hortons did for a living , they could'nt answer the question , any body here under thirty years of age want to take a stab at it , i am sure others will be surprized to find out .

Hockey player?

Heres DIFFERENT TWIST TO THIS THREAD , i asked a young person not all that long ag if they could tell me if they knew what Tim Hortons did for a living , they could'nt answer the question , any body here under thirty years of age want to take a stab at it , i am sure others will be surprized to find out .

No Clue what Tim Hortons did for a living, but Tim Horton played hockey and was involved with the chain.

Here's another one: The first Tim Hortons were not doughnut shops. They were???

Tim Horton played in the NHL for the Toronto Maple leafs , he died on the Gardiner Express way doing over a 120 miles an hour , "not 120k's" when his Trimuph Spitfire convertable fliped over , in the mid 70's , he was critizied for taking his hockey playing money and thinking he could open coffee selling stores and making any money at it .An one who wants to add to this or correct it to be more spaciffic go ahead thats a way back for me to remember every detail .

Edited by Skipper " D "

Tim Horton played in the NHL for the Toronto Maple leafs , he died on the Gardiner Express way doing over a 120 miles an hour , "not 120k's" when his Trimuph Spitfire convertable fliped over , in the mid 70's , he was critizied for taking his hockey playing money and thinking he could open coffee selling stores and making any money at it .An one who wants to add to this or correct it to be more spaciffic go ahead thats a way back for me to remember every detail .

He died in St.Catharines right in front of my best friends fathers glass shop... Just past 12 Mile creek on the QEW (Almost right under the Ontario street bridge)

Edited by BillM

He wasn't playin' for the Leafs at time.

I can't remeMber that one KF . but at one time i knew the excact spot on the hi way where the accident toke play from driving by it every day in my 1962 chevy impala . Dam i am getting old , think i'll stay quiet from now on ........lol.

When it comes to talking about hockey you loose me , i gave up watching hockey when my favorite goal tender Gump Worsly retired , never watched hockey since .When i was a kid i had all the NHL teams hockey cards , the kind where they wereall stuck together and open up like an accordian , if i only still had them today ..lol

Edited by Skipper " D "