Boat show worth going?

ah_long

I want to ask the people who have been to past boat shows and I'm wondering if it's worth going.

I'm not looking for a new boat, I'm just looking for deals on accessories.

I'm looking for a 3 bank onboard charger, new batteries, and possibly some other boating accessories

I'm thinking whether I should go to this one AND the boat and fishing show in feb or just go to the boat and fishing show

Even if you don't find any bargains at the Boatshow it's still a great way to spend an afternoon. Always lotsa good stuff to look at and see what's new on the market.

Just be careful though, cause if you lose your willpower it can become a VERY expensive day. :lol:

Great way to spend a day looking at all the toyz! Factor in all the costs, U could have 1 new free battery. Gas expense, admission, parking (outrageous), lunch, snacks, pop (X 2 if your wife accompanies U). I prefer to deal with the local guy, he'll be there when I have a question or a problem. Alot of the vendors at these shows don't even have a store front. They just travel from one trade show to the next with their inventory. This doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I want to ask the people who have been to past boat shows and I'm wondering if it's worth going.

Um, DUH!

If you don't go to the boat show you are missing out on an opportunity to answer many questions (first hand) that you would otherwise have to rely on random people whom you really don't know (from forums for instance) to answer.

Spend the money, go to the show!

Jim

Are all the fishing boats usually clustered in one part of the centre or will I need to put on the walking shoes ?

and on the off chance I win the lottery this weekend and buy a boat there (show special only for example), I presume I've got till the end of the show to haul it away ?

Are all the fishing boats usually clustered in one part of the centre or will I need to put on the walking shoes ?

and on the off chance I win the lottery this weekend and buy a boat there (show special only for example), I presume I've got till the end of the show to haul it away ?

nope

I have bought 2 bass boats at the toronto show, each time I picked it up in april (I requested that) and usually they will send back to there shop to do pdi and licensing and u can pick up a week or so after the boat show

I also bought my current boat at the show on the agreement the dealer store it for me at his place for the winter and have it all rigged & ready when I picked it up in May, which they did.

Trade show are not what they use to be. With computerized billing and inventory it's harder too push product out the back door.

Their is also a very high over head at shows now also.

Alot of vendors need to higher temp sales staff for the show also longer travel or stay in motels.

This is all monies that the vendors has to recover.

30 years ago a trade show was a smorgasbord of deals,Not so much now.

Um, DUH!

If you don't go to the boat show you are missing out on an opportunity to answer many questions (first hand) that you would otherwise have to rely on random people whom you really don't know (from forums for instance) to answer.

By any chance are you a sales man.Because they will say anything to make a deal.So how are your question being answered first hand.

Myself would take the word of a product user or a tech over the word of a salesman.

By any chance are you a sales man.Because they will say anything to make a deal.So how are your question being answered first hand.

Myself would take the word of a product user or a tech over the word of a salesman.

I am not a salesman, but I do play one on TV!

I just love the boat show, even when I am not looking for anything. I love it from the minute I walk in and think that for straight value for your state of mind, it is worth the trip. But I think that it is invaluable for buying boats or accessories. In terms of being able to sit in a boat, making direct comparisons, or holding a paddle in your hand, it can't be beat. You can ask "Lowrance or Humminbird or Garvin?" Or you can go and demo all three.

Jim

but do u guys know if there are better deals for this show or the boat and fishing show?

Hard to answer that since I have no idea what deals you might find at another show that won't happen for another month. But I would expect most of the deals to be similar, as they have been in the past.

I walked through the Toronto Boat Show Friday Nnight during the charity preview evening. I didn't look at the accessories so much as aluminum fishing boats .... there are a LOT of nice aluminums to drool over.

Since it's not exactly an expensive day, I'd say it's worth going, especially if you're a serious buyer.

I'm not looking for a new boat, I'm just looking for deals on accessories.

I'm looking for a 3 bank onboard charger, new batteries, and possibly some other boating accessories

I'm thinking whether I should go to this one AND the boat and fishing show in feb or just go to the boat and fishing show

Dont go !!!!!!!!!!! it is a horrible place , my wife forced me to buy new bass boast on 2 ocassions

1st time

she hoped up on the bicycle seat of the purple skeeter and said "my purple rhinestone bikini will match" .......... 1 hour later I own it

second time

she layed on the rear casting deck and gave me the look ...... 1 and a half later I own it

so either dont go or dont bring your wife, she is the worst influence encouraging me to buy all the new boats and electronics, it is horrible every time we go to bass pro or a tackle shop she makes me buy on average $300 bucks worth of stuff

Dont go !!!!!!!!!!! it is a horrible place , my wife forced me to buy new bass boast on 2 ocassions

1st time

she hoped up on the bicycle seat of the purple skeeter and said "my purple rhinestone bikini will match" .......... 1 hour later I own it

second time

she layed on the rear casting deck and gave me the look ...... 1 and a half later I own it

so either dont go or dont bring your wife, she is the worst influence encouraging me to buy all the new boats and electronics, it is horrible every time we go to bass pro or a tackle shop she makes me buy on average $300 bucks worth of stuff

Braggin or complainin :sarcasm:

...and said "my purple rhinestone bikini will match"

now just saying , usually with my buds I would say 'pics or it's made up' ;) j/k

and btw, I think most guys here would kill to have a wife like yours...2 boats @ 2 shows ? dayum ! :thumbsup_anim:

if my wife was at the show and saw I lusted for a boat that cost around + $20k she'd be laughing all the way to the exit

Edited by woodenboater

All the boats under one roof. You can jump in and out of them and do a real good job of comparing them. It's better than driving all over the country and trying to remember how the boat you were in the other week compares with the one you are in now. That's what I liked about being a buyer at the boat show. Plus when I bought new they had done good deals. I picked up my boat for 28 and it would of been 32 outside the show. I have not seen very many good deals the last few years though.

Now I just go for the fun of it. Its cheaper than going to the movies. Lol.

Edited by Grimace

not looking to buy a new boat as I just got one.. just wanna figure out how to score the best deals on batteries and on board chargers..

I'll probably go on a weekday and see

If you just want batteries and a charger dont waste your time. I guarantee there wont likely be either there to buy and if there was they wouldnt be any cheaper than if you went into any dealer and bought them in fact you would likely get a better price from a dealer that sold both as a "package".